Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Restricting powder and primmer sales?

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    Right now I have been informed my distributors that supplies are limited. Some are not even getting added to their inventory, and unless you pre-booked the supplies you are SOL. I recently got an email from a supplier that on April 1, prices from Visa Outdoors will be increasing for ammunition and reloading supplies by 10-15%.

A major power and ammo re-manufacturing company, informed me that they will not be selling any power to retail because they have been notified powder shortages can last another 30 months.

Bullet manufacturers lead times have also doubled, in Canada also. Before it was 4-5 weeks to get an order from Campro, now its 8-9 weeks if you are lucky.

I applaud eagle for rationing reloading supplies, but their pricing is way out of whack to start with. $55 for powder, $85 for primers. They don't deal with the suppliers I deal with.

I have been warning people of primer/powder shortages for the last 4 months.
    I stocked up last year when I helped a site sponsor when the range they are connected to was shut down for several months

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    $55 for powder is gouging? That's a better price than most retailers are doing right now. Apparently we should be buying powder from your store instead.
    Have you checked the price of building materials lately?

Lumber, plywood, drywall, doors, wire...........you name it going through the roof.

Just wait until you get the tax bill for the Liberal/NDP largess!!

Carbon tax.................just what we need.

Gas and diesel is way up.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

I find it kind of sad that some guy thinks because he afford to buy all the power , that he can and gets his panties in a knot ,when the a small dealer wants to have a bit of stock for his local customers that have supported him for many years.
    I read those post yesterday and there where quite a few that supported the hoarder.
    The customer is not right all the time.

Apparently wanting more than two pounds of powder makes you a hoarder now. I’ll go through more than that in one reloading session sometimes.

I have a good supply on hand, and i have never had any issues buying large lots... i hardly feel like an 8-pound jug is hoarding or should demand a premium.
    HONK HONK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    The retailer is in a "no win" situation.
    This is not the only one doing this, several are doing it somewhat covertly by not allowing you to put more than X amount in your cart even though they have more than that

They are trying to make sure that most customers get some, vs 1 or 1 customers getting all.
    IIRC in their OP they had people buying 80,000 primers at a time. Probably to resell at a profit to you later when there are none available....

I dont see anything wrong with limiting quantities as long as it is up front.

I agree 100% with post 2-3-4

If I walked in ahead of you and purchased all their inventory you might have a different outlook. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    Have you checked the price of building materials lately?

Lumber, plywood, drywall, doors, wire...........you name it going through the roof.

Just wait until you get the tax bill for the Liberal/NDP largess!!

Carbon tax.................just what we need.

Gas and diesel is way up.

Yeah I'm aware of all that, and is why I was questioning the guy who said $55/lb is gouging.

EDIT: I see the "gouging" remark is gone, probably for the best.
    Last edited by jethunter; 03-07-2021 at 01:26 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Bought some h4350 the other day and the dealer was limiting to 3 pounds per person
    I’m okay with the dealers limiting supplies to get more out to more people
    I’ve got a decent supply of supplies that I’ve been slowly stocking up over the last year
    Unfortunately never gonna stop the scalpers from trying to buy everything up and reselling for profits
    Best to get what you need beforehand for when you Really need it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    " claim they have the right to limit quantities" they do its there store. go buy someplace else if there tastes do not suit you
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    Bought some h4350 the other day and the dealer was limiting to 3 pounds per person
    I’m okay with the dealers limiting supplies to get more out to more people
    I’ve got a decent supply of supplies that I’ve been slowly stocking up over the last year
    Unfortunately never gonna stop the scalpers from trying to buy everything up and reselling for profits
    Best to get what you need beforehand for when you Really need it

So hoarding is ok just not right now? lol

I am not in need of supplies, i am just disappointed in this.... 1-2 pounds of powder is what i will buy to test a load during load development... Once i find a winner i tend to want to buy 8 pounds... nothing worse than finding a load and then cant find powder and have to start over....

Most of you are missing the point....... 2 pounds of powder is not a lot.
    HONK HONK

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast