Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Restricting powder and primmer sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    " claim they have the right to limit quantities" they do its there store. go buy someplace else if there tastes do not suit you

yes, that's the plan and i hope you do the same.
    HONK HONK

double post.....
    HONK HONK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I recently bought powder and primers at a semi local place, about 15lbs of powder and 4000 primers to split between myself and my brother. The lady that was putting everything together for had to ask one of the other guys if they were rationing primers yet, apparently it was going to happen soon. In my case I just bought another rifle to reload for and didn't have more than a 1/2 lb of suitable powder at home, and my brother doesn't shoot that much, but I told him how bad things were getting as far as being able to find stuff, so he's basically stocked up for the next 5 or 10 years now. Not everyone that's buying in decent quantities is hoping to gouge others later on.
    Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of all that, and is why I was questioning Madcow when he said $55 lb powder is gouging, apparently he sells quite a bit cheaper.

Edit: I see the "gouging" remark is gone, probably for the best.
    I just know what I recently purchased my inventory at last month, and no way I could justify those higher prices, and if the inventory is older it should still be cheaper.

I know some retailers got caught with their pants down as they didn't watch what was happening in the USA. unfortunately, those prices are passed on to the consumer. Good deals can still be had, check out you local shops, you will be amazed what they have for old stock.

Jethunter: yes those prices are high, even some other sponsors "known" to have low prices have gone much higher. I have seen CCI SP primers on sale for $66.00 from $79.99. I took out the "gouging" comment because they were limiting numbers allowed. If they weren't I would have left it in my comment. but there is definitely some places taking advantage of this situation.

We've known about the hoarding and shortages in the US for almost a year. And even before that we knew it happens every 4 years at US election time. I was advising people to buy some extra reloading supplies 2 years ago when the prices and availability were good.

Anyone who can read and is over age 25 knew ahead of time there could be shortages when the US got close to an election because there usually is. It's not rocket science.

But nobody anticipated COVID and DEFUND-THE-POLICE movement hitting at the same time Americans were getting nervous about DEMOCRATS-MIGHT-TAKE-MY-GUNS. So anyone that waited until now could be out of luck for a while.

You snoozed, you losed.
    Last edited by jethunter; 03-07-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    We've known about the hoarding and shortages in the US for almost a year. And even before that we knew it happens every 4 years at US election time. I was advising people to buy some extra reloading supplies 2 years ago when the prices and availability were good. Because we knew ahead of time there would probably be some shortages when the US got close to an election because there usually is, and this is not rocket science. But we just didn't count on a perfect storm with the panic from COVID and DEFUND-THE-POLICE movement all hitting at the same time Americans were getting nervous about DEMOCRATS-MIGHT-TAKE-MY-GUNS. So anyone that waited until now could be out of luck before long.

You snoozed, you losed.
    Ditto

I got plenty...and I'm selling.Won't ship, however...

CG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD81 View Post
    I hear what you are saying and I don't disagree with you but I think they are trying to combat hoarding. I guess for me it all comes down to free market enterprise. They can run their business the way they want and you can shop from whoever you want.
    I too agree with your diagnosis ....
    At least they are being up front with customers.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

I've got a ton of powder and primers, been "hoarding" for years. I'll usually buy something every time I go to the store and they have something in stock I can use or hope to use.

8lb kegs, dozens of 1ib containers, cases of 5000 primers, you name it ill buy it if I see it.

It's a free market and now that I've got quite a stockpile, I don't really need anything now during this shortage at a drastically inflated price.

Given the way they US market is going, you'd be wise to pick up whatever you can find, even if the store imposes a limit. Ammo, powder, primers and brass NEVER go down in price, so it's also a wise investment in the long term.

Also, I'm getting ready for my two young kids to start shooting as much as I did as a kid.. would cost me a small fortune to keep up with them if I didn't already have it in reserve.

Great guys to deal with been hoarding for years lol think they are just trying to be fair

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast