Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Restricting powder and primmer sales?

Hum..your math are off..100 pounds x 7000 grains divided by an average of 45 grains ( some more some less ) 15500...

And nobody buy those $8000 Cadex rifles, $5000 scope..$1000 scope base, those $1000 carbon barrel,those $2000 custom action right ? And nobody in his right mind will own more than one..nope..must not be true.

So buying $12k + of components must be a fantasy..
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-10-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    well if you're such a big shooter,,why is it that you have no stock,if you shoot as much as you say you do,you should be buying in much larger lots,it's not like anybody didn't see this #### coming,as for dealers restricting purchase,good for them for trying to keep a little supply so more people can keep enjoying the hobby,notice that real high volume shooters aren't on here complaining,
    Read a bit before writing..I never said I have no stock. I am buying in quantity and we even do group buying.
    The only guy not complaining is joe that buy two pounds once in a while....the other like me move away and buy were the dealer has no limitation and welcome large order. Thats the case of 99 % of CGN sponsor.

There is no waiting to make a 100 pounds order - I use several type and there is storage limits to consider.
    Just purchased 10 pounds of Varget..found by calling small shops in the Maritimes. They were glad to sell it all..split it with a shooting buddy. Will receive 5 - 1 KG of VV133 shortly. (10 pounds) this week.
    One of my buddy purchased 8 - D5744 5 pounds keg two week ago.

If for te greater good of all, you like limitations on your purchase -limitation on freedom to buy what is offered to all in Canada, good for you.
    For me, I take my money elsewhere - so no worry - your two pounds are safe.
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.

They are a business they need supply to sell to demand and right now the demand exceeds the supply by 247865432467% so another reason to restrict sales is to have stock to sell.

If some goof wants to buy 50,000 primers and 500lbs of powder that is great if you can reorder and restock that in a week but right now stuff has restock dates beyond 2022 so if I was a business I would have to look at surviving.

Besides everyone knows there is a massive shortage so anyone saying they are gonna shoot 50,000 rounds in the next few months is lying and so there is no need to strip a store bare in an attempt to horde or even worse the people who are buying it for the sole purpose of flipping it. Those people can fall into a wood chipper if you ask me! Take the $2/round EE post for 5.56 green tips.

CGN Regular
    Well, I don't think it is that easy to buy and then ship/sell primers(also powder, ammo) legally to USA for profit.

According to someone did research few years back from the States, "to import primers you'd need to be concerned about more than hazmat shipping. You'd need to complete and submit (and have approved) an ATF Form 6 "Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles" prior to having them ship. Primers, powder, bullets, cases, hulls, etc. fall under Ammunition. However, that's not all. At the same time you need an Export Permit from "Natural Resources Canada Explosives Regulatory Division." They control the type and quantity of ammunition, powder, primers, etc. that can be imported into Canada, exported from Canada, and transported through Canada... Finally on top of all of that, you still need to find a Canadian retailer willing to ship them to you... Now you can see why they don't want to mess with it." If this is the case, it would be interesting to see who did all that and sent tons of supplies to the USA for profit. Stop them first before limiting actual Canadian customers for individual use.

Well, I know it's each business's call to do the way they want to do. But apart from feeding the courier companies, I don't see it can really do much to stop people stock what they need unless the business only cares or cares more about local customers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    I dont think it's "legally done" or a "business"

Probably just some enterprising fella's thinking "let go up to Canada and stock up"
    We get the discount on the exchange....
    We can seel some down here for profit...
    We probably will not get questioned at US Border since we are US Citizens...

What's not to like?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    I dont think it's "legally done" or a "business"

Probably just some enterprising fella's thinking "let go up to Canada and stock up"
    We get the discount on the exchange....
    We can seel some down here for profit...
    We probably will not get questioned at US Border since we are US Citizens...

What's not to like?
    The American who ordered it was the owner of a firearms company. Had his company email address for contact info. The shipping address was an exporter.

-Justin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Sorry, wasn't referring to that guy who you said wanted it shipped to exporter.
    I read your post and knew it was a business.

I'm just talking about ordinary joes like me trying to make some bucks

EDIT - just looked at the map, you are farther from the 49th than I thought you were...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Sorry, wasn't referring to that guy who you said wanted it shipped to exporter.
    I read your post and knew it was a business.

I'm just talking about ordinary joes like me trying to make some bucks

EDIT - just looked at the map, you are farther from the 49th than I thought you were...
    Add to the fact that Americans are currently ineligible to enter Canada unless they lie and say they're going to Alaska. That's a bit of a stretch for a guy entering SK with North Dakota plates.

And my opinion -- this whole conversation is dumb. Business owners are just that -- people tasked with making the best decisions for themselves & their customers. This guy is doing that. End of story. You don't like it, deal with it. Your issue, not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefirearmstisdale View Post
    I agree, two pounds is low. I reload and can use that in one reloading session. I admit, this was a knee jerk reaction when we saw the exporter's address. We should have let cooler heads prevail. I have deleted the reverse bulk deal because people were understandably confused and calling the store. Now you can purchase more than 2 pounds per type.

-Justin
    Hey, I appreciate you owning that. I understand that we are being forced to make some difficult decisions these days, and often it's between several non-ideal options.

I myself have had a few knee-jerk reactions during these strange times... When all this WoRlDs DeAdliest VirUs stuff started coming out, I nearly abandoned the ship, uprooted the family and fled to the bush.... pretty happy I calmed down and realized what I had to lose before making that move.

Thank you for your honesty and I will be sure to keep Eagle on the list of businesses I support.
    HONK HONK

Is the shipping calculator working?

1 brick of primers = $40 shipping (UPS)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast