Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Restricting powder and primmer sales?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Must... refrain... from... making... Karen... joke...

-

Seriously. You don't like the policy of a business. What should you do?
    1) Shop elsewhere
    2) Complain on the Internet

* Edit *
    I personally wouldn't buy 2lb of powder... But that's just me.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    Must... refrain... from... making... Karen... joke...

-

Seriously. You don't like the policy of a business. What should you do?
    1) Shop elsewhere
    2) Complain on the Internet

* Edit *
    I personally wouldn't buy 2lb of powder... But that's just me.
    Im all for liberty, let the Karren joke fly, i think this has gotten a little to serious lately anyways, a joke is likely what we all need...
    HONK HONK

Quote Originally Posted by theviking View Post
    Great guys to deal with been hoarding for years lol think they are just trying to be fair
    Id love to hear them chime in, or other dealers and her hear there perspective.

Im hearing a lot of they can do what they want because of free enterprise....but the people who want to buy it and sell it... well dont free enterprise like that.... and for the record im not trying to buy an 8 pound jug so i can rush home and re-bottle it in zip loc bags and sell it on the internet for 1000% mark up.... i wanna feed my 300 win that i use for long range target shooting. A pound gets burnt sometime in one trip to the range...
    HONK HONK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWear 57 View Post
    I find the number of personal attacks and name calling of the OP appalling.
    I believe the whole point and context of the message by the OP has been overlooked in favor of personal attack.
    Personal attacks and name calling? There has been agree/disagree comments but that's it. People can always buy from the big retailers that never, to the best of my knowledge impose powder/primer limits. Or buy from the small mom & pop stores that may have a very limited supply, trying to keep ALL their local customers relatively happy.

Last Saturday, I watched one guy clean out Cabela's in Abbotsford for every last Federal match small rifle primers they had in stock, 5100 primers. I was looking for powder but they had next to zero stock with no idea when more was coming in. Bottom line, shop where you like, where and when you find stock and vote with your wallet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by brapjack View Post
    Im all for liberty, let the Karren joke fly, i think this has gotten a little to serious lately anyways, a joke is likely what we all need...
    Maybe ask the store why they don't limit the number of primers based on the type of powder sold?

On a more serious note, I feel your pain.
    - Don't know what someone is supposed to do with 2lbs of powder, unless someone is reloading pistol-plinking-load
    - If you're going to pay hazmat fee, it wouldn't be worth it for 2lbs
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PWear 57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Personal attacks and name calling? There has been agree/disagree comments but that's it.
    Perhaps "innuendo" would have been a better choice. Still the context can be taken from some of the replies.

innuendo
    noun [ C/U ]
    US /ˌɪn·juˈen·doʊ/
    plural innuendos or innuendoes

a remark that suggests something but does not refer to it directly, or this type of remark in general:
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left"
    CCFR Member

Business Member
    Just to clarify,

This policy was to reduce people hoarding and sending it to the States to flip. This wasn't about making money and it wasn't to "gouge" anyone. The supply has been spotty and suppliers won't give an ETA when we can get more powder and will only fill partial orders. I pitched the idea of a reverse bulk order to Don since I couldn't put a limit quantity on the site. Instead of raising the prices across the board, I thought it would be best to give a couple pounds of powder at a reasonable price to stop people from wiping out the inventory. We are a small retailer and our magazine is limited.

There was one person who cleared the shelves of a certain ammo, Don called the supplier to order more and he was told he wouldn’t get any till 2022. Are we suppose to sit all year with empty shelves?

We appreciate all your business and hope one day you understand.

Thank you for your time,

Justin

In all honesty I do not feel sorry for anyone unless you are:
    1) new to the sport
    2) new to reloading
    3) on a fixed income (retired only, don't feel sorry for system leaches)

Every single election year we run into this issue, especially when there is a chance democrats can get it. This year we also had COVID to contend with. If you payed the slightest bit of attention to the US you would realize the shelves were bare back in may/june 2020. In Canada our retailers were having sales on ammo, meanwhile the US was sold out. It was only a matter of time before the dry spell hit our nation. Most shooters were to naïve to see it coming and for the vendors clearing out ammo .... come on guys. now that they cant fill orders, I bet they feel foolish selling bulk 9mm for $220 a case eh
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Thats not for dealer to play the business police. They exist to buy and sell.
    Dealer acting that way end up in my list of - never buy from them anything - ever.
    We are supposed to be in a free country...free trade. There is enough restrictions on guns - no need for dealer that ask to be supported to shxit on customer that way.

I shoot 15000 rounds a year. If I buy two case of 5000 primers..I am hording ? This is BS.
    What about group purchase ? My friends and I ordered powder were we could find it in quantity to cover our need.

Were will it stop ? Bullets -Ammo - only a box by client ? got two SKS -you can only buy one ? Got only one Ruger 1911 cannot sell it to you - only local guy ?
    When you start playing with customers - you loose them.

Send a clear message - boycott dealer limiting your freedom and purchases.
    listen to this horse####,if you didn't stock up a long time ago and now ##### you can't nuy large quantities,that's your own fault,we've all known this was coming,,and some of us stocked up BEFORE the shortage,this dealer is only trying to keep stock for more people to enjoy the sport,and if you think they're worried about loosing a few cry babies,good luck with that,if anything,they will GAIN customers,who appreciate their fairness,
    if you didn't stock up last summer,,you missed the boat,and you'll be paying crazy money if you want to play from now on,any dealer who gets restocked on reloading supplies,is sold out within a day,and that's the new normal,along with new high prices,sign of the times now,

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefirearmstisdale View Post
    Just to clarify,

This policy was to reduce people hoarding and sending it to the States to flip. This wasn't about making money and it wasn't to "gouge" anyone. The supply has been spotty and suppliers won't give an ETA when we can get more powder and will only fill partial orders. I pitched the idea of a reverse bulk order to Don since I couldn't put a limit quantity on the site. Instead of raising the prices across the board, I thought it would be best to give a couple pounds of powder at a reasonable price to stop people from wiping out the inventory. We are a small retailer and our magazine is limited.

There was one person who cleared the shelves of a certain ammo, Don called the supplier to order more and he was told he wouldn’t get any till 2022. Are we suppose to sit all year with empty shelves?

We appreciate all your business and hope one day you understand.

Thank you for your time,

Justin
    Thank you for your response. I understand what you're trying to do, and it looks like you are receiving a lot of support for it... I, unfortunately, disagree with the quantities that are considered reasonable for the reasons I had stated. I hope all this non-sense passes quickly and we can get back to the range soon, maskless, and with our ammo cans full.

Cheers
    HONK HONK

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast