Thread: Sheepdog bolt

Sheepdog bolt

I see on your website, that you offer two bolt faces for the r7 sheepdog, is it possible to have one action and change either the bolt face or the entire bolt, with a barrel to make a single rilfe setup with two calibers/bolt face size ??

I am a big fan of my r7 in 6creed, just looking at options for a second caliber
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by shooter177 View Post
    I see on your website, that you offer two bolt faces for the r7 sheepdog, is it possible to have one action and change either the bolt face or the entire bolt, with a barrel to make a single rilfe setup with two calibers/bolt face size ??

I am a big fan of my r7 in 6creed, just looking at options for a second caliber
    Thanks in advance
    Hello Sir

Thanks for your question.

It is feasible, but it isn't recommended, as this rifle hasn't been designed to be a quick-detachable barrel change system. You'd need to strip down your action from its stock/top rail every time that you want to change your barrel. So you'd be losing your zero each and every time and would need to start over again and again. Some of our Prostaff do it, as they sometime compete in both OPEN and TACTICAL class for PRS within the same year, but they are going back to their place between each matches to have access to their tooling.

On the long run I think that you'll be fed up to put on and put down barrels and you may wear some components (rails screws, etc) after couple years doing it. So it's your call, but it wasn't designed to be a multi-caliber platform.

Best of luck Sir
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com