Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PSA - Firearms transfer notice no longer temp Reg Cert.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

PSA - Firearms transfer notice no longer temp Reg Cert.

Restricted firearms buyers beware! Starting yesterday (Mar10) firearms retailers have been receiving this notice in the email for approved transfer requests, but it is not on the document printed for customers.

Approvals no longer serve as temporary Registration Certificates!

Businesses received no notification or bulletin from the CFO on this change. Customers will have to wait to receive their final Registration Certificates to take their new restricted firearm to the range.

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Just another paper cut on the way to complete civilian disarmament...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

WTF, may as well just give Trudope a crown and call him king turd
    Slava Ukraini!

Has this occurred only in certain Provinces? I had a transfer go through last Friday in BC and it didn't say that on it.

Maybe I was always a little overcautious, but wasn't it that way already? The Notice allowed you to take it home only.

Never took a restricted to the range before I got the actual Registration Certificate for it. Most torturous par of owning a new restricted is NOT being allowed to take it to the range for a test run the one day of the week you're free to do so.

Followed closely by "Got my registration the following day" and the range closes for three weeks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    If you present a registration number, attached to the registered firearm, written in a notice from the federal government, what grounds do they have to suggest a crime?
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by DanOnymus View Post
    Maybe I was always a little overcautious, but wasn't it that way already? The Notice allowed you to take it home only.

Never took a restricted to the range before I got the actual Registration Certificate for it. Most torturous par of owning a new restricted is NOT being allowed to take it to the range for a test run the one day of the week you're free to do so.

Followed closely by "Got my registration the following day" and the range closes for three weeks.
    I did this as well, I wanted to be absolutely sure there was nothing that could be used against me in case the alphabet bois pulled me over when I was going to the range

Super Moderator
    Remember the multitude of threads asking if it is necessary to wait for the Registration Certificate before taking the new gun to the range?
    Well, the CFP has answered the question...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Hancock View Post
    If you present a registration number, attached to the registered firearm, written in a notice from the federal government, what grounds do they have to suggest a crime?
    Is that notice the Registration Certificate?
    What does the Firearms Act Require you to have with you besides your RPAL?

I got my transfer today as a buyer, I'm in Québec and the notice didn't include this new warning.
    A couple of days ago ,the buyer of one of my guns did receive this warning on his notice, he's in Ontario.
    So maybe it's province related ?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast