CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Hornady - RAPiD Safe Night Guard

  1. #41
    CGN Regular mclmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoengholio8 View Post
    I own one. I am extremely satisfied. Only nitpick is just wish clock dimmer had lower settings between low and off.
    A rectangular piece of dark window tint material would knock down the brightness.
    I'm Irish...

    Of course I know how to patch drywall.

  2. #42
    GunNutz Randoengholio8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    105
    That would do the trick, not sure why didn't come to mind. Don't want to dim all way because clock is night time reference for rfid tag unlock.

  3. #43
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    11,887
    These are great use them on tons of stuff

    https://www.amazon.ca/LightDims-Orig...743371&sr=8-12

    Also I have one of these safes and they are great

    Shawn
    Prove you are as great as you claim you are on the internet!

    https://www.gofundme.com/f/s74-appeals?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&u tm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

  4. #44
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer FyreFighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Have you ever heard of mens rea? If something is called a safe and you think its a safe why would you be prosecuted under some technicality?
    Have you ever heard of "strict liability" and "absolute liability"?

    The law:

    86 (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.

    Contravention of storage regulations, etc.
    (2) Every person commits an offence who contravenes a regulation made under paragraph 117(h) of the Firearms Act respecting the storage, handling, transportation, shipping, display, advertising and mail-order sales of firearms and restricted weapons.


    Charges under 86(2) ("improper storage") are strict liability. There's no mention of "without lawful excuse", or "reasonable". It's like running a red light. You either did it or you didn't.

  5. #45
    Business Member Tesro Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,664
    Hello folks, just received more of these.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

  6. #46
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Have you ever heard of "strict liability" and "absolute liability"?

    The law:

    86 (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.

    Contravention of storage regulations, etc.
    (2) Every person commits an offence who contravenes a regulation made under paragraph 117(h) of the Firearms Act respecting the storage, handling, transportation, shipping, display, advertising and mail-order sales of firearms and restricted weapons.


    Charges under 86(2) ("improper storage") are strict liability. There's no mention of "without lawful excuse", or "reasonable". It's like running a red light. You either did it or you didn't.
    So what defines a safe then? Either its a safe or it isn’t. Would a reasonable person think something sold as being a “safe” is a “safe”. What would a person be guilty of? How is it unsafe?

  7. #47
    Member PhantomAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    So what defines a safe then? Either its a safe or it isn’t. Would a reasonable person think something sold as being a “safe” is a “safe”. What would a person be guilty of? How is it unsafe?
    Don't take this as legal advice, as I am not qualified to give you that. However, in case law in the past the courts ruled that a "safe" is a "safe" if its advertised as a safe and this definition is generally accepted. During the course of trial that set this precedence, evidence used to proof the safe is a safe (even if its clearly a flimsy box) was that the item in question, the safe, was traced back to the manufacture description in which the manufacture advertised that the item was a safe and therefore in the eyes of law it is a safe.

  8. #48
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    11,887
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAR View Post
    Don't take this as legal advice, as I am not qualified to give you that. However, in case law in the past the courts ruled that a "safe" is a "safe" if its advertised as a safe and this definition is generally accepted. During the course of trial that set this precedence, evidence used to proof the safe is a safe (even if its clearly a flimsy box) was that the item in question, the safe, was traced back to the manufacture description in which the manufacture advertised that the item was a safe and therefore in the eyes of law it is a safe.
    No it was not

    It was ruled that if it is metal and locks its a safe under the firearms act. There is nothing about what it is sold as, marketed as or manufactured as a safe. In the case the "safe" in question was a modified school locker

    Ruling was metal and locks, that's it

    Shawn
    Prove you are as great as you claim you are on the internet!

    https://www.gofundme.com/f/s74-appeals?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&u tm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

  9. #49
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    545
    So then there should be no problem with this “safe”.

  10. #50
    GunNutz DSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    45
    1041hrs... princess should have been up hours ago doing PT, and cleaning his kit...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •