Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hornady - RAPiD Safe Night Guard

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg# 43897 View Post
    With only a small bit of snark I ask, you are betting what exactly that it qualifies...? While liking the idea, I remain deeply concerned as to the local Crown's take on it's legality when it passes her desk associated to your use of force incident. While some may want it to pass muster, it may not. But I am interested in it.

-John.
    Have you ever heard of mens rea? If something is called a safe and you think its a safe why would you be prosecuted under some technicality?
    Last edited by powerbaitron; 03-19-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Every thread always disintegrates into chatter and nonsense.....

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes and we need to challenge the people have irrational thoughts and think everything we do requires a crown opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    There is no legal distinction between Safe and cabinet in Canadian Law. The only time I know that this has been tested in court the judge used Blacks Law Dictionary for the definition of "safe", which says something along the lines of "lockable metal box".

Besides, its called the "RAPiD Safe Night Guard" not the "RAPiD Cabinet Night Guard"....

Just curious, why use a lock at all? If its a safe (which both the name of the product and the fact it is a locking metal container would imply that it is) there is no legal requirement to use a second lock on the gun.

This is a bit pricey for me, but I'd totally buy one if I felt like I needed a gun that easily accessible.
    I believe it's a safe, so I don't believe it needs a lock. However, I was asking him why he couldn't use a cable lock instead of the trigger block kind of lock, as a response to his comment. As far as why, some people prefer additional security, and that's their right.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-thirty View Post
    Every thread always disintegrates into chatter and nonsense.....
    he says, adding chatter and nonsense to the thread. Albeit, completely unrelated to the original post, unlike all the other commenters...

Uber Super GunNutz barrett50cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan370 View Post
    I still think short barrel long guns are a superior option for bump in the night. Having three points of contact when im sheeting myself would increase my acuracy greatly.
    A nitpicker would point out that it’s 4 points of contact

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    I believe it's a safe, so I don't believe it needs a lock. However, I was asking him why he couldn't use a cable lock instead of the trigger block kind of lock, as a response to his comment. As far as why, some people prefer additional security, and that's their right.
    I think the obvious reason is because cable locks are the worst. lol
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I own one. I am extremely satisfied. Only nitpick is just wish clock dimmer had lower settings between low and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I think the obvious reason is because cable locks are the worst. lol
    Nah. Trigger locks that are sold for $5.00 for a package of 20 are the worst.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Nah. Trigger locks that are sold for $5.00 for a package of 20 are the worst.
    You mean the screw-together ones that don't require a key or combo to get off? Personally I like 'em for what they are. They're great for shipping a gun for instance, I can just tape the "key" to the inside of the gun box, and the cost to me is very little, which sure beats a) shipping a real trigger lock and eating to cost, or b) trying to ship the gun with a cable lock installed. They also take up less space in the gun locker, so they allow me to have that little bit of extra protection without reducing the number of guns I can fit into it, and putting a combo lock on every gun would cost me at least 10 times as much.

Cable locks are a pain. On most of my guns I need to remove the magazine and leave the bolt half-open to use them. On some of my guns that are either single shot or blind magazines, you have to remove the bolt entirely to use a cable lock. I have a bunch of cable locks, I almost never use any of them these days. If I'm going out, the first thing that comes with me is a combo trigger lock, and if I need more locks than I have combo trigger locks I reach for the screw together ones.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast