Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hornady - RAPiD Safe Night Guard

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    4:20? What's he keeping in there?
    Lmao, that’s the first thing that came to mind when I saw that. Great minds think alike lol

I wish there was an icecream dispenser like that that I could build into my sofa
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh560 View Post
    I have one and it works great. It's heavy duty and tethered to the wall with a steel cable and lag bolts. I won't comment as to the contents of mine, but I can tell you it would fit a full size handgun and magazine along with passports and some other important documents fairly easily. It is well built and fairly heavy.

If your main concern is a built in radio and alarm I think you've missed the point. Considering most folks have their phone charging on the nightstand, I'm sure you could find another convenient alternative for your alarm....
    says the height is 3 inches. without a trigger lock yes with one no. Is this really called a safe. and not a cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletec View Post
    says the height is 3 inches. without a trigger lock yes with one no. Is this really called a safe. and not a cabinet?
    Don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure but I believe there is case law for stack on safes to be classified as a safe so if they are good to go I am betting this more than qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
    Don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure but I believe there is case law for stack on safes to be classified as a safe so if they are good to go I am betting this more than qualifies.
    With only a small bit of snark I ask, you are betting what exactly that it qualifies...? While liking the idea, I remain deeply concerned as to the local Crown's take on it's legality when it passes her desk associated to your use of force incident. While some may want it to pass muster, it may not. But I am interested in it.

-John.

Everyone has to make their own decisions regarding what is a safe as there is no legal definition. If you want irrefutable proof that this would be classified as a safe there you won't get that. You also won't get that garauntee with a massive thick walled safe either as again there is no legal definition. Regardless of what you are using as a safe it will always come down to the courts. I am merely pointing out that if a ####ty stack on can be classed as a safe then these are probably good to go. But again your own risk. Its always gonna come down to your own risk.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    I'll take one, along with a Castle & a Stand your Ground!

Just curious...why wouldn't you use a cable lock?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    There is no legal distinction between Safe and cabinet in Canadian Law. The only time I know that this has been tested in court the judge used Blacks Law Dictionary for the definition of "safe", which says something along the lines of "lockable metal box".

Besides, its called the "RAPiD Safe Night Guard" not the "RAPiD Cabinet Night Guard"....

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Just curious...why wouldn't you use a cable lock?
    Just curious, why use a lock at all? If its a safe (which both the name of the product and the fact it is a locking metal container would imply that it is) there is no legal requirement to use a second lock on the gun.

This is a bit pricey for me, but I'd totally buy one if I felt like I needed a gun that easily accessible.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I still think short barrel long guns are a superior option for bump in the night. Having three points of contact when im sheeting myself would increase my acuracy greatly.
    Freedom Isn't Free.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast