Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sks restock!!!!!

1000 ... we ll see in one year how much they worth on the market ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    You guys need to share what youre smoking.

If you think the SKS is a $1k rifle, you're out of your mind.
    Says the guy who probably just bought a $2200 type 81 lol

You gotta be kidding me! I bought my first SKS for 349.99+tax exactly 2 years ago and back then was told I was crazy to pay that much. What the hell is going on with inflation??

I have to admit I sort of agree with Vewdu here. If you think the current prices of SKS rifles are anything but inflation due to supply and demand, you are off your rocker! There is a reason they sold for 200$ a piece not that long ago when there were lots, and it's because that is what they are worth. Hell, gotta ask yourself what those stores were getting them for. Likely under 150$ each... that should tell you a little something about what they are really worth. Frankly, I don't think I could sell mine with a clear conscience for anything over 350$. Yes, they have their place and purpose as the cheapest semi-auto non-.22 plinker money can buy. Plus you get a little history with it as a milsurp. And with the supply of unmolested SKS rifles dropping, most of the time the prices 100% make sense to me (within reason. I would never pay a single dollar over 600$ for an amazing condition SKS, 1000$ is just stupid. You can go buy an SVT for that or even a K98). But don't act like that value has anything to do with the rifles themselves, that is what bugs me. It is one of the most simple, cheap, and mass-produced rifles in the world. Literally, the 9th most-produced semi-auto in all of history lol. And you can probably bet the workforce behind making them was at the very least underpaid, if not potentially even underqualified and under the stresses of wartime production. Either way, all these guys with SKS's that think they are some sort of a prized jewel of the firearm world make me scratch my head hahaha. They treat it like a Ferrari when in reality it reminds me more of the equivalent of a wheelbarrow: Simple, unsophisticated, cheap, and plentiful. But gets the job done.

Also now with the SKS rant over... fair warning to anyone who wants a closer look: The picture upon clicking on it took me to a website that tried to download a virus onto my PC. Be careful!

It's not inflation. It's lack of supply and high demand. Whatever Semi-auto is left unbanned is going to keep going up in price.

You think that MCR and WK180 crap is worth 1500? No it's not. But it'll sell day.

I just find it funny when firearm dealers are milking this OIC and asking us to donate to fight it at the same time. lol
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN frequent flyer
    At 500 I would still buy a few.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    These have long been in the $600-700 range in the USA ... American dollars to boot. Mosins have doubled too.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dferr View Post
    I have to admit I sort of agree with Vewdu here. If you think the current prices of SKS rifles are anything but inflation due to supply and demand, you are off your rocker! There is a reason they sold for 200$ a piece not that long ago when there were lots, and it's because that is what they are worth. Hell, gotta ask yourself what those stores were getting them for. Likely under 150$ each... that should tell you a little something about what they are really worth. Frankly, I don't think I could sell mine with a clear conscience for anything over 350$. Yes, they have their place and purpose as the cheapest semi-auto non-.22 plinker money can buy. Plus you get a little history with it as a milsurp. And with the supply of unmolested SKS rifles dropping, most of the time the prices 100% make sense to me (within reason. I would never pay a single dollar over 600$ for an amazing condition SKS, 1000$ is just stupid. You can go buy an SVT for that or even a K98). But don't act like that value has anything to do with the rifles themselves, that is what bugs me. It is one of the most simple, cheap, and mass-produced rifles in the world. Literally, the 9th most-produced semi-auto in all of history lol. And you can probably bet the workforce behind making them was at the very least underpaid, if not potentially even underqualified and under the stresses of wartime production. Either way, all these guys with SKS's that think they are some sort of a prized jewel of the firearm world make me scratch my head hahaha. They treat it like a Ferrari when in reality it reminds me more of the equivalent of a wheelbarrow: Simple, unsophisticated, cheap, and plentiful. But gets the job done.

Also now with the SKS rant over... fair warning to anyone who wants a closer look: The picture upon clicking on it took me to a website that tried to download a virus onto my PC. Be careful!
    The SKS is way more reliable than an SVT. Good luck finding an all matching K98 for under $1000. Look at what a .303 all matching rifle goes for. The soviets ran a fairly tight armory and did not produce garbage. Also, there were no wars going on when these were made...

Sounds like you have yours and we will all applaud you when you sell it for $350. Last time checked alot of the Ukraine stockpiles are no longer being sold and we importing from Russia is now a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    These have long been in the $600-700 range in the USA ... American dollars to boot. Mosins have doubled too.
    Because they're rare as hens teeth in the USA, not Canada
    “When the leaders speak of peace, the common folk know war is coming.”

***!f you're going to use the EE then learn to edit your ads for removal!***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dferr View Post

yeaaaaaa just like i could have had a truckload of enfields for 75$ 20 years ago. have you noticed what they bring now? 2 g for a cherry one. sks rifles will hit the G mark easily
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast