Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sks restock!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    The Canadian dollar also isn’t what it used to be.

Comment sections on SKS posts are always gold, the same group that complain all the time most likely also think stocks only go up right? �� these will sell out no problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emshey View Post
    Comment sections on SKS posts are always gold, the same group that complain all the time most likely also think stocks only go up right? �� these will sell out no problem.
    I remember when bubble gum was $0.05 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    I remember when bubble gum was $0.05 !!!!

Haha exactly!

Firearms in general have gone up in price. If you want a certain firearm, buy it, don’t wait because you’ll be paying more for it down the road and that’s pretty much guaranteed.

Canada, who would of guessed it. More Specific, B.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman42 View Post
    There was people even then , that said that was too much. I wonder if they'r still waiting on a better deal !
    Nah, I bought one at a price I still consider to much, and regret now doing so a couple years earlier.

I remember when the average house sold for $30,000. Milk cost $1.31 and you could buy a fully loaded new car for $3,000. I also remember buying an SKS at Marstar for $70.00... You, the consumer determine the value of an SKS. The SKS nor the retailer determines the value. When the supply was high importers tested the market to see what you would pay. When the supply went low retailers watched the aftermarket to see what you were actually willing to pay and that set the value of the SKS. Everyone here complaining were the same people that said the SKS would eventually go up in price and you knew you were buying in low due to lots of supply. You were right (yet your still complaining). lol

This SKS restock will sell out and be gone which means they are worth the $500 plus dollars. The market and what people will actually pay sets the worth not your opinion. When you go to sell your SKS you will not be selling it for what you paid as it's worth more now than what you paid. Lower supply and a new generation of buyers have increased the price...that's a good thing for us who paid $70.
    Last edited by SKS45; 03-18-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Soviet SKS for $500 wouldn't last long either. 8 years of production only. ExSoviet stockpiles are mostly gone. First, they were exported since 1960s. Then they were sold on local markets. Finally few reserves like in Ukraine that were left from Soviet times are almost all gone (or used right now in cuvil war conflicts). Give it a few years and getting decent rifle will be really hard.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    it's not inflation. It's lack of supply and high demand. Whatever semi-auto is left unbanned is going to keep going up in price.

You think that mcr and wk180 crap is worth 1500? No it's not. But it'll sell day.

I just find it funny when firearm dealers are milking this oic and asking us to donate to fight it at the same time. Lol
    this ^^^^^

Honestly. I get both sides of this story. I picked one up a few years ago for 280 tax in on sale beautiful dark wood Tula with no refurb markings and just the mag a different number ( I'd assume just because of the mag restrictions from importing ). what a steal I thought that was. Should've bought more. Regrets, regardless . I would have no problem paying 500 for a beautiful SKS , Wouldn't even care about the Laminate. ( I must be crazy ). But the fact is , not like I've intensely looked. But I feel like your going to get a BBQ paint, lucky if 2 numbers matching, lucky if it has GOOD Barrel rifling, banged up stock and rusting/pitting receiver. Am I wrong?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast