Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sks restock!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    Honest question, what other platforms do you recommend?

requirements: NR, center Fire, Semi Auto, under $1,200
    Only ones I know of are Type 97 and 180's. Is there a hidden gem im overlooking?

I already have a few SKS so i looking to see what else is out there?
    I said “investing that chunk of coin”. Im suggesting that you can take that money and put it towards a quality rifle that costs more than the price in the criteria you listed. You know the saying “buy once, cry once”? That’s a concept lost on many new shooters who think the goal is to buy as many cheap guns as possible. Then they post threads asking about problems with their maverick 88’s or chinese pieces of junk.

Dont get me wrong, cheap sks’s are great. But if you’re suggesting the $1000 price is justified, that’s where I’m saying you’re better off taking that $1000 and putting it towards something.. worth it.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    I said “investing that chunk of coin”. Im suggesting that you can take that money and put it towards a quality rifle that costs more than the price in the criteria you listed. You know the saying “buy once, cry once”? That’s a concept lost on many new shooters who think the goal is to buy as many cheap guns as possible. Then they post threads asking about problems with their maverick 88’s or chinese pieces of junk.

Dont get me wrong, cheap sks’s are great. But if you’re suggesting the $1000 price is justified, that’s where I’m saying you’re better off taking that $1000 and putting it towards something.. worth it.
    I think $1k for a good condition shooter grade is insane.
    but if im comparing a used SKS to a used Hi-Point or Turkish gun its definitely worth $500-$600 all day.

back to my original question, (and like i said before its honest cuz i am looking)
    What would you conciser a good NR, Centre fire, non PCC, Semi? if im saving up...

but if im comparing a used SKS to a used Hi-Point or Turkish gun its definitely worth $500-$600 all day.

back to my original question, (and like i said before its honest cuz i am looking)
    What would you conciser a good NR, Centre fire, non PCC, Semi? if im saving up...
    WK-180s, Fx9, type 81, all depends on what you want to spend per pew

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    WK-180s, Fx9, type 81, all depends on what you want to spend per pew
    Ive got a ruger PCC9 so no need for Fx9
    i dont really like the look of the Type 81. Bullpup is not my thing

the 180 seems to be the only thing left and am hearing mixed reviews.

is there something NR Semi better than 180 if i saved more cash??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar

ACR, Famae’s (if they start showing up again), FN competition are a few choices.

Honestly, because of the OIC we’re in the age of the PCC’s (my scorpion is laughing from the safe). I picked up a pc9 immediately after the ban to supplement the loss of the CZ. Once the OIC is slashed ( ), we will have our banned options back. At that point who knows what will happen though...

1. How long would it take vendors to start bringing new stuff in?
    2. Would vendors even want to bring that stuff in with risk of being stuck with stock again?
    3. Will people rush to sell their newly freed firearms? Or hold on to them and continue shooting?
    4. Would prices be inflated because at that time there wont be much new stock for sale and people know they are offering something not available for the longest time? Or will people try to dump their guns in quick sales?

However, if we see a reversal of said ban, are sks prices adjusted as they’re no longer viewed as $600-1000 rifles?

I really dont see myself selling my sks. I pretty much bought it because they were all the buzz so I figured I might as well grab one, plus they were dirt cheap. I dont shoot it often. Perhaps it’s time to take it back out and see if my opinions of it change.

Another thing to consider about saving up and buying an expensive alternative.. are you one of those guys who makes cautious buying decisions based on fear of future bans? Or are you the type to not give a sh!t? Because as we know the gun control lobby is never satisfied. The next list of guns to recommend to be banned is being drafted as we speak.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dferr View Post
    I have to admit I sort of agree with Vewdu here. If you think the current prices of SKS rifles are anything but inflation due to supply and demand, you are off your rocker! There is a reason they sold for 200$ a piece not that long ago when there were lots, and it's because that is what they are worth. Hell, gotta ask yourself what those stores were getting them for. Likely under 150$ each... that should tell you a little something about what they are really worth. Frankly, I don't think I could sell mine with a clear conscience for anything over 350$. Yes, they have their place and purpose as the cheapest semi-auto non-.22 plinker money can buy. Plus you get a little history with it as a milsurp. And with the supply of unmolested SKS rifles dropping, most of the time the prices 100% make sense to me (within reason. I would never pay a single dollar over 600$ for an amazing condition SKS, 1000$ is just stupid. You can go buy an SVT for that or even a K98). But don't act like that value has anything to do with the rifles themselves, that is what bugs me. It is one of the most simple, cheap, and mass-produced rifles in the world. Literally, the 9th most-produced semi-auto in all of history lol. And you can probably bet the workforce behind making them was at the very least underpaid, if not potentially even underqualified and under the stresses of wartime production. Either way, all these guys with SKS's that think they are some sort of a prized jewel of the firearm world make me scratch my head hahaha. They treat it like a Ferrari when in reality it reminds me more of the equivalent of a wheelbarrow: Simple, unsophisticated, cheap, and plentiful. But gets the job done.

Also now with the SKS rant over... fair warning to anyone who wants a closer look: The picture upon clicking on it took me to a website that tried to download a virus onto my PC. Be careful!
    Look and see what an M44 carbine or SVT is going for. Supply dries up. Russia and Ukraine supplies are now low.

Everyone loves the free market until it works like it's supposed to. Ironically mass produced commie guns are in high demand and short supply. That the sks has become the perfect illustration of the volatility of market forces is *chef's kiss*

Ive got a ruger PCC9 so no need for Fx9
    i dont really like the look of the Type 81. Bullpup is not my thing

the 180 seems to be the only thing left and am hearing mixed reviews.

is there something NR Semi better than 180 if i saved more cash??
    type 81 isnt a bullpup thats a type 97 your thinking of.
    focus...commitment...sheer f#$*ing will.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasaurus View Post
    We need a new day on the CGN caleneder. Wednesdays should be "mosins and skss will never cost X amount" days. Funny that the value for x keeps climbing yet doubters on the forums keep saying it's done climbing.
    Thursday can be the old timers story telling about barrels of Mausers and Enfields for 20 dollars a piece too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shaft View Post
    type 81 isnt a bullpup thats a type 97 your thinking of.
    you sir are 100% correct !!

is the 81 much different than just a brand new slightly improved SKS-D?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast