Sks restock!!!!!

Honestly these were always worth 500$, I paid 230$ for my remington 597 in 2013 then was buying these for <200$ and totally taking it for granted. How did I justify buying anything but these haha.

Honestly these were always worth 500$, I paid 230$ for my remington 597 in 2013 then was buying these for <200$ and totally taking it for granted. How did I justify buying anything but these haha.

I think you are correct. These are $1000 rifles going for half of that. Sure they used to be $75 but they had always been worth way more then that.

I think you are correct. These are $1000 rifles going for half of that. Sure they used to be $75 but they had always been worth way more then that.

You guys need to share what youre smoking.

If you think the SKS is a $1k rifle, you're out of your mind.

You guys need to share what youre smoking.

If you think the SKS is a $1k rifle, you're out of your mind.

I’m smoking targets with cheap 7.62 with a non restricted semi auto

Do tell me tho... what reliable semi are you using under 1K for your 7.62 surplus?

I’m smoking targets with cheap 7.62 with a non restricted semi auto

Do tell me tho... what reliable semi are you using under 1K for your 7.62 surplus?

My T81s were 999 before tax lol, but of couse I have half dozen Sks too. Id keep them all over my M10x for sure.

You gotta be kidding me! I bought my first SKS for 349.99+tax exactly 2 years ago and back then was told I was crazy to pay that much. What the hell is going on with inflation??

I have to admit I sort of agree with Vewdu here. If you think the current prices of SKS rifles are anything but inflation due to supply and demand, you are off your rocker! There is a reason they sold for 200$ a piece not that long ago when there were lots, and it's because that is what they are worth. Hell, gotta ask yourself what those stores were getting them for. Likely under 150$ each... that should tell you a little something about what they are really worth. Frankly, I don't think I could sell mine with a clear conscience for anything over 350$. Yes, they have their place and purpose as the cheapest semi-auto non-.22 plinker money can buy. Plus you get a little history with it as a milsurp. And with the supply of unmolested SKS rifles dropping, most of the time the prices 100% make sense to me (within reason. I would never pay a single dollar over 600$ for an amazing condition SKS, 1000$ is just stupid. You can go buy an SVT for that or even a K98). But don't act like that value has anything to do with the rifles themselves, that is what bugs me. It is one of the most simple, cheap, and mass-produced rifles in the world. Literally, the 9th most-produced semi-auto in all of history lol. And you can probably bet the workforce behind making them was at the very least underpaid, if not potentially even underqualified and under the stresses of wartime production. Either way, all these guys with SKS's that think they are some sort of a prized jewel of the firearm world make me scratch my head hahaha. They treat it like a Ferrari when in reality it reminds me more of the equivalent of a wheelbarrow: Simple, unsophisticated, cheap, and plentiful. But gets the job done.

Also now with the SKS rant over... fair warning to anyone who wants a closer look: The picture upon clicking on it took me to a website that tried to download a virus onto my PC. Be careful!

It's not inflation. It's lack of supply and high demand. Whatever Semi-auto is left unbanned is going to keep going up in price.

You think that MCR and WK180 crap is worth 1500? No it's not. But it'll sell day.

I just find it funny when firearm dealers are milking this OIC and asking us to donate to fight it at the same time. lol

I have to admit I sort of agree with Vewdu here. If you think the current prices of SKS rifles are anything but inflation due to supply and demand, you are off your rocker! There is a reason they sold for 200$ a piece not that long ago when there were lots, and it's because that is what they are worth. Hell, gotta ask yourself what those stores were getting them for. Likely under 150$ each... that should tell you a little something about what they are really worth. Frankly, I don't think I could sell mine with a clear conscience for anything over 350$. Yes, they have their place and purpose as the cheapest semi-auto non-.22 plinker money can buy. Plus you get a little history with it as a milsurp. And with the supply of unmolested SKS rifles dropping, most of the time the prices 100% make sense to me (within reason. I would never pay a single dollar over 600$ for an amazing condition SKS, 1000$ is just stupid. You can go buy an SVT for that or even a K98). But don't act like that value has anything to do with the rifles themselves, that is what bugs me. It is one of the most simple, cheap, and mass-produced rifles in the world. Literally, the 9th most-produced semi-auto in all of history lol. And you can probably bet the workforce behind making them was at the very least underpaid, if not potentially even underqualified and under the stresses of wartime production. Either way, all these guys with SKS's that think they are some sort of a prized jewel of the firearm world make me scratch my head hahaha. They treat it like a Ferrari when in reality it reminds me more of the equivalent of a wheelbarrow: Simple, unsophisticated, cheap, and plentiful. But gets the job done.

Also now with the SKS rant over... fair warning to anyone who wants a closer look: The picture upon clicking on it took me to a website that tried to download a virus onto my PC. Be careful!

The SKS is way more reliable than an SVT. Good luck finding an all matching K98 for under $1000. Look at what a .303 all matching rifle goes for. The soviets ran a fairly tight armory and did not produce garbage. Also, there were no wars going on when these were made...

Sounds like you have yours and we will all applaud you when you sell it for $350. Last time checked alot of the Ukraine stockpiles are no longer being sold and we importing from Russia is now a pain.

yeaaaaaa just like i could have had a truckload of enfields for 75$ 20 years ago. have you noticed what they bring now? 2 g for a cherry one. sks rifles will hit the G mark easily

Back
Top Bottom