Thread: Too Afraid

Too Afraid

I'm too afraid to ask this in the legalese section lest I be called a NOOB or a FUDD or some such thing.
    Please, Mods - move this post to wherever may be appropriate.

I've on occasion found myself in the situation that I've offered to take a friend that has never held a gun before to the range with me and they have accepted.
    But I've been concerned in those instances that they have actually never even seen a real gun in person before. So I've thought about ways I could get one in there hands (Obviously in a very safe manner with no ammo present) that they may 'play around' with it. You know, get used to the action and the heft etc, etc.

I personally think this is a perfectly reasonable step in the safe use of firearms. I mean the first experience at a real range and the anxiety that may be behind a persons' first time ever holding a gun?
    Doesn't that make sense?

Anyways. I just want to make sure. To bring a NR to their house for an hour before going to the range so they can do that. Is ok?
    But to do so with an R would be illegal?
    I'm almost positive the R is illegal. But the NR?

Anyone?

It's not illegal with a NR. However, since the other person presumably does not have a PAL, you need to remain in control. In practice, that means within arm's length.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    I'm too afraid to ask this in the legalese section lest I be called a NOOB or a FUDD or some such thing.
    Please, Mods - move this post to wherever may be appropriate.

I've on occasion found myself in the situation that I've offered to take a friend that has never held a gun before to the range with me and they have accepted.
    But I've been concerned in those instances that they have actually never even seen a real gun in person before. So I've thought about ways I could get one in there hands (Obviously in a very safe manner with no ammo present) that they may 'play around' with it. You know, get used to the action and the heft etc, etc.

I personally think this is a perfectly reasonable step in the safe use of firearms. I mean the first experience at a real range and the anxiety that may be behind a persons' first time ever holding a gun?
    Doesn't that make sense?

Anyways. I just want to make sure. To bring a NR to their house for an hour before going to the range so they can do that. Is ok?
    But to do so with an R would be illegal?
    I'm almost positive the R is illegal. But the NR?

Anyone?
    Perfectly legal, and if it's a restricted, invite them over to your place. I've begun doing this with my extended family and friends for the same reason. I'd rather teach them proper safety and firearm handling in an environment where they may not be overwhelmed using snapcaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Perfectly legal, and if it's a restricted, invite them over to your place. I've begun doing this with my extended family and friends for the same reason. I'd rather teach them proper safety and firearm handling in an environment where they may not be overwhelmed using snapcaps.
    I do the same. Grandkids do the Prove and Acts with my restricted and non restricted in the house when they visit (not lately unfortunately) and get to shoot the small caliber rifles outside under close supervision.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Parts of society have decided to label owners negatively, mostly as a reason to show their power to assert their politics. We know we're not bad, and we certainly know our unloaded firearms can't hurt anyone. To deflate the elephant and realize the forbidden fruit is just an apple, is all part of our message to those in society who have questions.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?