Thread: BT APC223 Flash Hider Removal

GunNutz

BT APC223 Flash Hider Removal

Thanks guys pls remove this thread

Blackbox removed it

Thanks
    Last edited by Sawakita; 03-25-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Can't help but hell of a gun!

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    First, make sure its a common thread direction. Sigs for example are opposite direction. Once you are sure of that, you will have to apply a lot more heat than you might think is necessary along with a good penetrating oil like MOOVIT. With a very tight fitting wrench and the barrel in a vice give it sharp whacks to break the bond as opposed to just pulling very hard. Hopefully you won't have to cut it off.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    First, make sure its a common thread direction. Sigs for example are opposite direction. Once you are sure of that, you will have to apply a lot more heat than you might think is necessary along with a good penetrating oil like MOOVIT. With a very tight fitting wrench and the barrel in a vice give it sharp whacks to break the bond as opposed to just pulling very hard. Hopefully you won't have to cut it off.
    Website shows M15x1 RH, does it mean counterclockwise to remove it?

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Did this a few months ago...a torch is needed to break the locktite or rockset...once it smokes it is easy to come off.

Make sure you replace it with a muzzle device with the proper thread pitch M15x1 RH...Wolverine has a nice muzzle brake for them.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Did this a few months ago...a torch is needed to break the locktite or rockset...once it smokes it is easy to come off.

Make sure you replace it with a muzzle device with the proper thread pitch M15x1 RH...Wolverine has a nice muzzle brake for them.
    Thanks. How long you took for heating it?

I think I’m getting this one.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...APC223-M15x1--

I gave up doing it myself, so I took it to my gunsmith. Surprisingly or not surprisingly he removed it, but took him a good 15 or so minutes. He didn't use the torch method though, but I suppose he have had a good grip on the barrel, plus he had the best fitting tools needed.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezh1729 View Post
    I gave up doing it myself, so I took it to my gunsmith. Surprisingly or not surprisingly he removed it, but took him a good 15 or so minutes. He didn't use the torch method though, but I suppose he have had a good grip on the barrel, plus he had the best fitting tools needed.
    Thanks ��

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post
    Thanks. How long you took for heating it?

I think I’m getting this one.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...APC223-M15x1--
    Sorry I missed this!!!

Maybe a minute or less? Doing all sides of the flash hider where the threads were...just used a cheap $15 Canadian Tire propane torch.

That is the brake my buddy replaced it with, put a few rounds through it a few weeks back with the new brake...was awesome!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -