Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Ordnance FX9 Upper 8'' Kits in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    Since it’s a complete upper why would that make it incompatible with then Nr lower ?
    The longer bolt does not allow the upper to even close , if you were to try to mix them . Have yet to explore what effects swapping the bolts might have on functionality but I’m not interested in being the guinea pig for that little exercise. It is definitely strange that the bolts aren’t the same length though.
    Protection ain't a sin !

Quote Originally Posted by trailskinpat View Post
    The longer bolt does not allow the upper to even close , if you were to try to mix them . Have yet to explore what effects swapping the bolts might have on functionality but I’m not interested in being the guinea pig for that little exercise. It is definitely strange that the bolts aren’t the same length though.
    This is interesting. I first had a short full rifle with the silver bolt. I just finished a new upper with a 18.6 IBI barrel. Test fired no problem.

CGN Regular
    Have you tried connecting the upper to the lower like the modern sporter connects? By that i mean before closing the front take down pin slide the upper all the way on and rear, then close the pins? Just a thought, same way alot of ARs have to connect when they have those super short buttstocks that use a buffer thats integral to the bolt and sticks out the rear of the upper.

Ya no … that’s not going to mitigate the fact that the one bolt is 1/8” longer than the other.
    Protection ain't a sin !

CGN Regular
    Ya no … that’s not going to mitigate the fact that the one bolt is 1/8” longer than the other.
    The ccs bcg on my old ar extended an inch out of the upper, so ya an 1/8th shouldn't be an issue. Once mine arrives in the mail I'll try it myself, i have a feeling it should work pretty easily as the receiver mating is essentially the same in practice as an ar.

These are showing up as back in stock on your website, is that correct? Also for anyone in here who has done an installation or swap, does the feed ramp in the lower need to be replaced in order for the kit to work?
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - GOA

"Lex iniusta non est lex" - St. Augustine

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    These are showing up as back in stock on your website, is that correct? Also for anyone in here who has done an installation or swap, does the feed ramp in the lower need to be replaced in order for the kit to work?
    Kit comes with a new feedramp and yes they are back!
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

so do these 8 inch kits not fit on a NR lower?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdot-mex View Post
    so do these 8 inch kits not fit on a NR lower?
    This! ^^^^^
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

CGN Regular
    Can confirm these kits do in fact fit on NR lowers.