Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Surplus Lee Enfields

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hutchster's Avatar
    Kinda cool seeing full stock enfields for once instead of butchered sporters

I can't believe people are complaining about this. Give your heads a shake. You will probably NEVER see full stock surplus enfields again. The prices are at or below anything else available anywhere. Honestly, CGN is a disappointing place sometimes. With this kind of reaction it is amazing any dealer wants to make efforts to get us anything like this, or will want to again in the future. I eagerly await some reports and pics, thanks to Wanstalls for making the effort to get them in.

I bought one of the “gunsmith” versions, we will see what it is like. I have tons of enfield parts lying around so it will be easy to bring it back to life.

But looking forward to see what I get.
    I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning

I think the gun smith guns are to expensive but i mean don't trash wanstalls for bringing them in. they are not price gouging them or anything. they just cost what they cost. i am not sure any of you guys have seen the value of the CAD dollar lately. Get used to it. if you want one buy one if you don't then don't buy one.

CGN frequent flyer
    Well done on getting these in Wanstalls,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Lee Enfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skwerl View Post
    In the ''Olden'' Days S.I.R. in Winnipeg had the ''Gunsmith'' grade Lee Enfields
    in a wine barrel for $19.99.

Just a step down from the the barrel of ''Shooter'' grade at $29.99 .
    Yes, and the average wage was $6000/year and a car was $3000.... and you paid $12000 for your house...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Yes, and the average wage was $6000/year and a car was $3000.... and you paid $12000 for your house...
    i'm guessing he never bought one then ether.

Somthing we have to get used to...these "Gundemics" that always originate in the states from paranoid times every few years, always effectic us all with shortages, hoarding, inflating and in some cases optimistic gouging.
    I bought a #1 Mk3 in 2016 refurbish and 8-10 condition for $650, I wouldn't consider parting with if for less than $1000 because I know that's what it would take to replace it. Oh and I am old enough to remember the same rifle in a barrel for $40 in our local hardware store.
    Although I think these prices are out to lunch and dought the prices will come down after the gundemic, it's nice to see some retailer's are trying to acquire these, you know their going to sell and people will panic buy at any cost, so if you want or need one, best scoop them up.

Anybody get theirs yet? Interested in some updates
    CCFR CSSA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456