Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GREAT First Experience at Tenda Store Today

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    My favourite place close to Tenda is G4C. These threads seem fake.
    I sort of doubt it, but I read every Tenda thread I see...as it's one of 2 gun shops within driving distance of my house. Tenda is maybe 30 minutes from where I live, but I once worked less than 5 minutes from the place. With one exception, every experience has been stellar, and I find the staff eager to help..the selection great..pricing fair, etc. I've never had to have anything shipped, so I'm curious to know what people are saying about that as lots of these threads detail negative experiences. I don't chime-in to defend Tenda necessarily, but I've seen some comments that went a little too far as well.

As for THE best place to eat around there-I'm reluctant to share, as it's probably my favorite restaurant anywhere. It's called NAM, at the SW corner of Leslie and 16th Ave. (small plaza) Amazing Vietnamese food. Pre-covid, you'd have to be there before noon to even get a table and line-ups out the door were almost guaranteed. Yes, that good. My order-a #10 with an extra spring roll. Tip-try their "dry wings"-I'm not sure there are better wings anywhere.

I don't work in the area anymore, but a Nam/Tenda combo is required about every 2-3 weeks for sure. lol

My favourite place close to Tenda is G4C. These threads seem fake.
    Hmmm, 2 post about Tenda, 6 posts about good restaurants in the area. I think your on to something here, most definitely a conspiracy brewing.

Great marketing ploy by Tenda, pay every restaurant near you to make really good food, and then wait 5 years to use them to sell cheap ammo... Simply brilliant!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by janesy View Post
    Hmmm, 2 post about Tenda, 6 posts about good restaurants in the area. I think your on to something here, most definitely a conspiracy brewing.

Great marketing ploy by Tenda, pay every restaurant near you to make really good food, and then wait 5 years to use them to sell cheap ammo... Simply brilliant!
    No... there are three stores right in that area. I’ve shopped at them all and Tenda doesn’t stand out in any significant way. Despite that, there is a new “hey, by the way fellow enthusiasts this Tenda place is fantastic” !!! Every month/6 weeks or so and now for the others which, are both great stores in as well. I’m not sure if you’re deliberately muddying the waters or what but that fact remains.

I'm not stupid, I can see what you are trying to relay.
    But I feel like I shouldn't have to point out to you that you quoted a post about food. Not Tenda. Its #8.

That my friend, was the difinition of deliberately muddying the waters. Try again.

No... there are three stores right in that area. I’ve shopped at them all and Tenda doesn’t stand out in any significant way. Despite that, there is a new “hey, by the way fellow enthusiasts this Tenda place is fantastic” !!! Every month/6 weeks or so and now for the others which, are both great stores in as well. I’m not sure if you’re deliberately muddying the waters or what but that fact remains.

Quote Originally Posted by janesy View Post

Yeah, I'm not sure how my post about my positive Tenda experience turned into a Tripadvisor restaurant recommendation list. But the fact of the matter is, there are a LOT of restaurants around that area, as it near a major highway intersection/cut off. I don't know the history of Tenda threads so just objectively sharing my experience from earlier this week.

Yeah, it looks like the other gun shop is Solely Outdoors used to be where LeBaron was. Firearms Outlet Canada is in Ajax (also excellent, which I highly recommend) but around FOC, there's pretty much a McDonald's a couple of plazas with chain fast food like pizza and fried chicken, etc. There is always bass pro at Vaughan Mills but I haven't really been there.

Back to Tenda. I was only in the area as I finished up a company lunch with colleagues (not at any of the restaurants described) and thought I'd check it out. I was impressed with the storefront. All the accessories are in one room where you walk in and the gun shop is in the back. It is well light, and the accessories are pretty decent. I wanted to buy some other ammo in addition to what I got, but while it was on their shelves, they ran the item in their computer and it was already allocated to someone else who I presumed pre-paid.

I did ask them of they have any HP Hornady 40 cal and there was none on the shelves but the rep went to the back of the warehouse and a few minutes later he was back with a box of 10 boxes for me, along with some other stuff like grips that weren't on their shelves but he went to the back and checked and they had the desired colour. I am pleased they did this - some other stores may say the typical "what's on the shelves are what we have" but the guy there genuinely wanted to make sure he double checked what was in the back. I appreciate the effort.

It would SEEM like the accessories are priced similarly to other stores. The ammo is slightly cheaper. While I didn't have a long look at the guns, from the website later, it does seem like the guns are also cheaper than other places.

I am still enthralled at the burlap shopping I got with my purchases. I know it's probably a dime a dozen to manufacture and I need to get out more, but this is a nice value add...

I can't speak of any experience in ordering online, but I can say definitively that my first in store experience was a positive one.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    I ordered a handgun online. No issues whatsoever with Tenda.
    Payment, shipping, product, and everything was fine.
    I always enter negative comments where appropriate.
    But, I had absolutely no issues with Tenda.
    I could care less about food, guns and & ammo are my interest.
    Last edited by sunnydin; 03-31-2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spell check

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    [QUOTE=thegazelle;17943886]Yeah, I'm not sure how my post about my positive Tenda experience turned into a Tripadvisor restaurant recommendation

I think you've found your guy. lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Is there a Swiss Chalet nearby?

GunNutz
    These posts are like: My first-time sex with Tenda..........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast