Thread: Ordering from Irunguns - Confused on Import Process / Account Creation, etc.

Ordering from Irunguns - Confused on Import Process / Account Creation, etc.

Hi, I ordered from Irunguns recently based on the vendor / sponsor link in the icons on CGN page. Ordered some magazines. Looks like I ordered it from US website. I paid for the items using my credit card and have confirmation of this. It said I will get an email to create an account on the Canadian website to pay the import charges. That is fine.

I got my email and when I went to click on the link it redirected to the Canadian website at which point it asked me to create an account. However, it told me that my email was in use, so it wouldn't create my account. I did not create an account on either the US or Canadian side, so not sure what I need to do to get by this.

It also says that if I purchased from the US site, don't click the pay link. So I am totally confused. I reached out to IrunGuns by phone and left a voicemail but curious if anyone else here has encountered this and what needs to be done.
    Last edited by thegazelle; 03-29-2021 at 07:37 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    Their system automatically sets up an account with the email you used for purchase.

Its supposed to send you a temporary password. Mine came a day after my order. I assume you can use a reset via email if you don't want to wait.

It's gonna take awhile, you'll get an email at some point (1/2months) with the title "Order Invoice & Taxes(GST) Pay Link"... hang tight.

If the password doesn't come after a few days you could create an account on the Canadian site; they'll match up the order to your email. I had a similar issue, it gets sorted out (they will want the Shipping and GST payment).

Thank you very much for the feedback. This is helpful.

The problem is I can't create an account on the Canadian site using the email that I used to order (but didn't create an account with it on the US site). So if I use a new email address, how would they know it is associated with my old one.

I haven't received a temporary password yet.

Thanks again for the feedback. Glad others have had similar experiences.

I forgot my password and I was shocked they sent it to me in plain text!

They should be using hash with a salt. Not impressed...

So I just called them again and spoke with someone. If anyone get this problem, you have to call them - something was messed up with my account and they could see it so they fixed it, gave me another temp password and was on the phone with me when I tried it and then I was able to get in and pay the GST/shipping.

If you ever come across this problem call them (I am not sure if I can post the phone number here) - Canadian number that starts with 780 area code and pick option 1 for sales.

Better yet, if you order from them, type in irunguns.ca (Canadian site) rather than click the sponsor icon/link, which takes you to the US site.

also had issues. set up an account and i couldnt log in. i tried the 'forgot password' link and it doesnt recognize my email

will keep trying.

Same hang ups with me. Wish you could just order on the old fashioned phone.

@Bing240x - call them - they told me the issue won't be resolved by a password reset after looking at my account - it's something to do with the US order and the relation to the Canadian account. So I am glad I called them and got someone live.