Thread: Ljungman AG42B

Ljungman AG42B

I fell in love with the Ljungman, pretty neat rifles. The swedes do good work and I amazed no one else has adopted the 6.5x55 for semi autos. Super light recoil. fairly accurate.

back ground - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatgev%C3%A4r_m/42

Anyway, I know a fair bit about them but not some of the minor stuff. I was wondering if anyone knew why the stocks on some are different colours than others? I have a couple with a dark stained stock, looks of better quality wood than the lighter stained stocks, and they appear to have the original gas tube (not the stainless tube replaced). My intuition says that the darker stocks are original from service? and the lights stocks are from when they converted them the B or replaced the barrel and parts at the armory?

Secondary question, on discs with a Bore condition of 3, it has been said no rifle left the shop with a 3 stamp - so I am wondering if the 3 stamp implies a new barrel was put on but disc wasn't changed? As the one 3 I have is still in exceptional condition.

If anyone can help with this info and wants to BS about this cool rifle, shoot!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Can't help you with your qyestions , but that being said I have one that someone painted camo years ago , Weights a ton but a fun shooter !

They are very front heavy for sure. I am really surprised given our crap laws there are not more sportified ones made out of extra parts. With a shortened barrel and removing some of the front furniture (Bayo lug, wood, etc.) might help it.

Though I'd never touch or cut mine.

Oh Boy... I have a sporterized one and it ain't pretty to look at!