Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good store to deal with

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Like? Share your own experience?
    Of course there are one offs where things may go sideways on an order, was it within the shops control or the shipping carriers?
    I know I'm stuck dealing with North Sylva if there is an issue after sale, they are the CZ distribution unit, sucks all kinds of ass because they are horrible to deal with, I understand that, it's our ####ty distribution system. Buying, shipping fast, getting something decent without even asking is nice, how can I complain? And it's not my first order, really the $200 orders were just as good.
    90% of customers are happy with what they buy, 10% always ##### even if they get what they want, I'm in customer service too, different products, but same bull####.
    I have shared mine and one of my best friend’s experiences in many other threads. It’s always been an issue with the shop, never an issue with the shipping. So here we go again:
    -having items swapped out in orders without being told
    -ordering things that are listed as in stock but are not, they admit that they’re “arriving in a week” even though they say it’s in stock now (hence why people complain shipping takes so long)
    -ordering something only to have it not be in stock, no ETA, and it taking a over month to get a refund. Credit cards are always slower to have refunds processed, but not that slow.
    -myself, my friend, and another CGN member all having our credit cards compromised after shopping there, with the exact same local (to Tenda) transactions. Somebody likes buying gas at Husky apparently.
    -my personal favourite, my friend ordered a Jericho with a crushed rear sight. Totally understandable that surplus guns have some wear and tear, but the sights were unusable. They told him that all of the dozen or so other guns they had had rear sights that were even worse, and told him to fix it with gun blue.
    -Same friend ordered primers and something else (can’t remember what). All items listed as in stock, the primers of course weren’t. Asked if they could ship the other item separately. Nope, rather than setting it aside, they sold it to someone else in the meantime, while holding on to his money. Finally after 6 months the primers and other item were all showing as back in stock, except the primers weren’t actually. They told him they’d be in in a week. (He has a lot more patience than I do).
    -Different friend was told they wanted a copy of his PAL to buy a $200 wet tumbler

I learned my lesson after a couple screwups, my friend with the Jericho is a lot more forgiving but eventually gave up on them too. Also let’s not forget the time that guy preordered the MG34 and Tenda jerked him around and never actually ordered it in.

Hitzy thats a beautiful rifle

So far my dealings with Tenda have been fine. Can only speak from my own firsthand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Whiny ####, you mean valid customer complaints. People always seem to forget that just because people haven’t had an issue themselves, that it is in fact possible for others to.
    I have shared mine and one of my best friend’s experiences in many other threads. It’s always been an issue with the shop, never an issue with the shipping. So here we go again:
    -ordering things that are listed as in stock but are not, they admit that they’re “arriving in a week” even though they say it’s in stock now (hence why people complain shipping takes so long)
    -ordering something only to have it not be in stock, no ETA, and it taking a over month to get a refund. Credit cards are always slower to have refunds processed, but not that slow.
    -myself, my friend, and another CGN member all having our credit cards compromised after shopping there, with the exact same local (to Tenda) transactions. Somebody likes buying gas at Husky apparently.
    -my personal favourite, my friend ordered a Jericho with a crushed rear sight. Totally understandable that surplus guns have some wear and tear, but the sights were unusable. They told him that all of the dozen or so other guns they had had rear sights that were even worse, and told him to fix it with gun blue.
    -Same friend ordered primers and something else (can’t remember what). All items listed as in stock, the primers of course weren’t. Asked if they could ship the other item separately. Nope, rather than setting it aside, they sold it to someone else in the meantime, while holding on to his money. Finally after 6 months the primers and other item were all showing as back in stock, except the primers weren’t actually. They told him they’d be in in a week. (He has a lot more patience than I do).
    -Different friend was told they wanted a copy of his PAL to buy a $200 wet tumbler

I learned my lesson after a couple screwups, my friend with the Jericho is a lot more forgiving but eventually gave up on them too. Also let’s not forget the time that guy preordered the MG34 and Tenda jerked him around and never actually ordered it in.
    So YOU personally, had a credit card fraud, but can PERSONALLY narrow that down to Tenda....
    That's pretty good, I've had many compromised, and it's never been nailed down to when or where. Generally the fraudsters grab a bunch and don't act on them for 6+ months, then they blow them all in a couple days. Just the way that scam works, happens at gas stations, food courts, online, and also when you have CC info stored on your phone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I have had plenty of dealings with Tenda totaling a whole bunch of $$$$ and haven no problem with them. It's not that I have never had an order get screwed up- I have- but it was resolved completely. Tenda has good prices and free shipping. People need to be realistic about companies they deal with. Gun shops aren't Amazon, it's often going to take a little time to get your order shipped.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ARrifleman View Post
    Any good restaurants in the area?
    If you like Chinese food, sure. Plus a McDonald's.

So YOU personally, had a credit card fraud, but can PERSONALLY narrow that down to Tenda....
    That's pretty good, I've had many compromised, and it's never been nailed down to when or where. Generally the fraudsters grab a bunch and don't act on them for 6+ months, then they blow them all in a couple days. Just the way that scam works, happens at gas stations, food courts, online, and also when you have CC info stored on your phone.
    I didn’t narrow it down until a guy on here messaged me about it saying that he almost never used the card he used to make an order with them (same with me, I have like 4 different credit cards and barely used that one) and that the transactions were the same (Husky gas, $200, in the vicinity of Tenda). Cards get compromised, sure, could be any number of ways. Cards get compromised at the same time, sure, could be a coincidence. Cards that haven’t been used elsewhere in a long time get compromised after only shopping at the same location, and all have the same types of transactions on them, at the same time, there’s no other explanation. I didn’t piece it together until the guy messaged me about it like 6 months later. I had a different card compromised a couple of months later and still have no idea how.

I didn’t narrow it down until a guy on here messaged me about it saying that he almost never used the card he used to make an order with them (same with me, I have like 4 different credit cards and barely used that one) and that the transactions were the same (Husky gas, $200, in the vicinity of Tenda). Cards get compromised, sure, could be any number of ways. Cards get compromised at the same time, sure, could be a coincidence. Cards that haven’t been used elsewhere in a long time get compromised after only shopping at the same location, and all have the same types of transactions on them, at the same time, there’s no other explanation. I didn’t piece it together until the guy messaged me about it like 6 months later. I had a different card compromised a couple of months later and still have no idea how.
    It's organized crime, or semi organized...
    Last one was this Valentine's weekend, they blew my card on flowers at shops in Montreal and Toronto, about $1500 worth, all small purchase stuff $200-$300 a hit.
    I get SMS and email for any purchase over $500, recently changed since this last card scam, now it's much lower. Problem was with that one, Visa blocked a "suspect" purchase of a $1500 couch set in Vermont at the same time, but never bothered to notify me of the blocked purchase, only approved purchases get sent to my SMS and email, retarded.
    I have no doubt the flower shops were owned by the scammers and it was just laundry purchases, LE doesn't waste time with that kind of stuff, it was all refunded so I'm not out anything.
    Fraud is big now with Covid, it's a problem for sure, I even put fraud alerts on with both TransUnion and Equifax to be safe. It could have come from Amazon for all I know as I use the same card there, and they were hacked a while back. If I had any idea where it happened I would be all over it, but they are pretty slick at this kind of crap. You just don't know because the info was stolen months ago, it's never from something recent. The Visa fraud guy was great when I was talking to him and even went through my history of purchases and had no idea. I hate thieves and would have loved more info, but they had none to give me...these scammers are ahead of the CC fraud guys and don't leave a trail.
    It's ####ty, but it's nobody's fault 99% of the time. They have the info long before you get burnt.
    If someone is blowing it through at the pump's, it's manual transactions, not taps or swipes, they are not making cards with your info to use...not that sophisticated, again, back to organised crime stuff, the charges are just being laundried through those businesses, not actually someone buying gas.
    Last edited by Hitzy; 04-01-2021 at 11:23 PM.

It's organized crime, or semi organized...
    Last one was this Valentine's weekend, they blew my card on flowers at shops in Montreal and Toronto, about $1500 worth, all small purchase stuff $200-$300 a hit.
    I get SMS and email for any purchase over $500, recently changed since this last card scam, now it's much lower. Problem was with that one, Visa blocked a "suspect" purchase of a $1500 couch set in Vermont at the same time, but never bothered to notify me of the blocked purchase, only approved purchases get sent to my SMS and email, retarded.
    I have no doubt the flower shops were owned by the scammers and it was just laundry purchases, LE doesn't waste time with that kind of stuff, it was all refunded so I'm not out anything.
    Fraud is big now with Covid, it's a problem for sure, I even put fraud alerts on with both TransUnion and Equifax to be safe. It could have come from Amazon for all I know as I use the same card there, and they were hacked a while back. If I had any idea where it happened I would be all over it, but they are pretty slick at this kind of crap. You just don't know because the info was stolen months ago, it's never from something recent. The Visa fraud guy was great when I was talking to him and even went through my history of purchases and had no idea. I hate thieves and would have loved more info, but they had none to give me...these scammers are ahead of the CC fraud guys and don't leave a trail.
    It's ####ty, but it's nobody's fault 99% of the time. They have the info long before you get burnt.
    If someone is blowing it through at the pump's, it's manual transactions, not taps or swipes, they are not making cards with your info to use...not that sophisticated, again, back to organised crime stuff, the charges are just being laundried through those businesses, not actually someone buying gas.
    It was about a month after we placed the orders that they were compromised. And again there was basically no transaction history to go on other than that so it would be a pretty big coincidence that it wasn’t from the transactions at Tenda. It’s not that hard to make a copy of a credit card if you have the info, hell you can even do it with a hotel key. But regardless of what happened it’s too big of a coincidence that it wasn’t from Tenda. Doesn’t mean they leaked the information on purpose but it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in them, especially with their history of poor service and shady practices (like not having things in stock that they say they do as I’ve mentioned).

Card fraud within a month is almost unheard of...not saying its impossible, or it didn't happen to you, but it's not really the way it works with this scam. It was likely a purchase months ago, they don't burn them that fast as it's too risky for the crooks. They also don't usually use them anywhere near where the info was stolen, it's spread out to major city centers, and other countries usually.
    I had one go about 6 years ago, all US auto parts stores, and a $3500 furniture set in Australia...not a single Canadian transaction at all. But like I said, times are different now, Covid n #### may be making thieves more brazen. I guarantee though nobody bought gas with your card, it was a laundry purchase, same as your buddies, they want the cash out of this, not gas fill ups, the station is crooked and should be avoided

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I've never had any problems with Tenda. (repeat as necessary.)
    Name:  NPC-header-1.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  55.7 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast