Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Import 5.45x39 Russian made bulk ammo to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Likely smuggled illegally across the US border. I’m still waiting for the OP to justify why he needs this ammo? Seems pretty illegal and ridiculous to be trying to acquire ammo for a prohib only.

There were all types of AK’s used at OKA. I have no sympathy for anyone getting caught playing that game.
    Why does he need to justify anything to you? It is none of your concern or business why he wants it. Mind your own business.
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

You'd have to be incredibly stupid to inquire about an ammo type that is only fired by prohibited weapons on an online forum.... Great way to have a knock on your door.

CGN Regular
    There are companies in the states making 5.45 AR-15 barrels, so any of our 180 derivatives or straight pulls can use them. I've also seen one custom ACR states side that has been done.

There's also a few East German SSG 82's here but it would be a sin to shoot corrosive surplus through those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    You'd have to be incredibly stupid to inquire about an ammo type that is only fired by prohibited weapons on an online forum.... Great way to have a knock on your door.
    You've got to be incredibly stupid to assume that everything chambered in 5.45x39 is prohibited
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    You've got to be incredibly stupid to assume that everything chambered in 5.45x39 is prohibited
    Show me a non-prohib gun that fires it. I'll wait.

I had a gunsmith who had his own small firearms company thing he ran he always tinkered had a few projects he even sent to the lab to have classifications done. But as far as factory offering of 5.45x39 I can’t think of any but I have seen a few like savage bolt rifles rechambered in 5.45x39 for fun and to test the rounds and such by gun enthusiasts here in Canada. I think he went the hard way for his, custom barrel he made from a blank and new bolt face and the like so there are definitely a few rifles in 5.45 but not much

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Show me a non-prohib gun that fires it. I'll wait.
    custom made bolt actions or ar15 barrels chambered in 5.45x39 hell even the tabor has a conversion kit for it just because you haven't seen them does not mean they aren't out there
    Last edited by TheCyaba; 04-03-2021 at 07:22 PM.

I think their more unicorn projects like the guys who rechambered an sks to 5.56 and to use ar mags

I have some 5.45x39

Am i now also an assumed criminal? Yall are ####ing goofballs

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    I must be incredibly stupid then. Surprised so many come to defend such a stupid post...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast