CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE JUNE 25 2021++ on the 9 inch GSG Barrels from Dlask Arms Corp.

Well damn.....seems all is quiet on the GSG front.

Y'all seem happy now ?
    Last edited by Dlask Arms; 05-26-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

Y'all seem happy now ?
    I have people that aren't on CGN asking me when the next shipment will be. Is there an ETA?

Side note: I've also seen a couple recent posts online regarding the barrel not being fully threaded into the trunion causing FTF and light primer strikes. Any info on this? Mine looks ok but I haven't tested it out yet. I just wanted to bring it to your knowledge. I'm just curious is all.
    I would tell you a funny welding joke, but all the good ones argon.

Mine works like a dream fellas. Purchased barrel and breach block.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

Y'all seem happy now ?
    Leigh...I sent my rifle to you on May 6th and it was delivered to you on May 10th. I bought a barrel / block / and install. I have sent a couple emails so you can update me as the situation is a bit confusing. I got a barrel in the mail today.

Please contact me via PM. I also can be contacted via a post I sent to you yesterday evening on your website "contact us" area.

Edit: upon closer inspection this is not even a gsg barrel. I had ordered some minor 10/22 improvements and a 10/22 barrel I did not order came with it. I will need to get it back to you. You should email me Leigh.
    Last edited by Castle1; 05-27-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhedsy View Post
    I have people that aren't on CGN asking me when the next shipment will be. Is there an ETA?

Side note: I've also seen a couple recent posts online regarding the barrel not being fully threaded into the trunion causing FTF and light primer strikes. Any info on this? Mine looks ok but I haven't tested it out yet. I just wanted to bring it to your knowledge. I'm just curious is all.
    I would definitely suggest checking to make sure the extractor cut/feed ramp line up with the breech block. Mine was off by a few degrees. It potentially could have been enough to cause the extractor not to grab the rim of a cartridge. That would yield a FTE though, I can't comment on it not being threaded enough to headspace as mine seems fine that way.

For anyone who does have to make adjustments and purchased the barrel with breech block, make sure to unscrew the allen key set screw! They do install one and you don't want to mar up the barrel!

Please understand that these are NOT being sold as drop in parts per se. Any and all gunsmithing is to be done by a qualified gunsmith. He will check the parts, make sure they fit your rifle, test fire and diagnose and problems etc. If you choose cheap and to do the install in your house then please do not call us asking to walk through your issues should they arise. What a lot of folks don't seem to understand is that gunsmithing is a TRADE much like being a plumber or electrician etc. Try calling Home Depot to ask them how to install the lightswitch you just bought there, won't work out well for you I'll wager...lol.

We do try our best and with just the two of us here we are cycling through a prodigious amount of parts / rifles / orders. If a part is defective then email to : info@dlaskarms.com

As for the next batch they are at bluing now. 73 Barrels I believe. Once I grab them I will drop the next batch of 100 or so and those will be done late next week.

Then on to the B&T / CMR-30 barrels....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Unfortunately, I think many people may have misunderstood the original post. This part of the paragraph sounds like it contradicts what you just mentioned about installing the barrel yourself vs a gunsmith. I'm not trying to argue here, but I'm just saying...

post images
    I would tell you a funny welding joke, but all the good ones argon.

Unfortunately, I think many people may have misunderstood the original post. This part of the paragraph sounds like it contradicts what you just mentioned about installing the barrel yourself vs a gunsmith. I'm not trying to argue here, but I'm just saying...

post images
    Yup, emphasis on 'mechanical skills'. When I mention things like 'head space', 'chamber profile' etc and you get a blank look ....you don't have the skills. Here's a pro-tip folks, before installing ANYTHING new on your firearm, compare the new and the old. It is such a simple premise to overlook and yet it will stop you from installing a part that may not even be for that gun and having it blow up in you hand. Manufacturers are not fool proof, everyone makes mistakes. In most of the things you do in life this won't be a life or possible death issue but with firearms it is.

YouTube has been the biggest boon & bust for things like this. According to YT anyone can buy a house, do a full reno in a months time and flip it for huge profit, lol. Same goes for gunsmithing. I have watched many things and scratched my head wonder wtf....what about this or what about that.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thespen View Post
    I would definitely suggest checking to make sure the extractor cut/feed ramp line up with the breech block. Mine was off by a few degrees. It potentially could have been enough to cause the extractor not to grab the rim of a cartridge. That would yield a FTE though, I can't comment on it not being threaded enough to headspace as mine seems fine that way.

For anyone who does have to make adjustments and purchased the barrel with breech block, make sure to unscrew the allen key set screw! They do install one and you don't want to mar up the barrel!
    It's also worth noting that the breech block is reverse threaded.
    Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

post images
    I'll equate it to buying a new sights. With good mechanical skills and some gunsmith knowledge you can do it. On the flip side we've also had people bring slides in where they have used a framing hammer to try and 'fit' the sights into it....lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com