Resticted Transfer Times Ontario

With transfer approved, we still need to wait the Certificate to bring our pistol to range now. Had my approval MArch 18th, and still no Certificate in the mail yet. ~

With transfer approved, we still need to wait the Certificate to bring our pistol to range now. Had my approval MArch 18th, and still no Certificate in the mail yet. ~

Good to know I’m not alone. My transfer was approved the same day. Normally it only takes 2 weeks for the registration to show up but we’re at 3 weeks now and still nothing. Really want to take my new toy to the range.

Good to know I’m not alone. My transfer was approved the same day. Normally it only takes 2 weeks for the registration to show up but we’re at 3 weeks now and still nothing. Really want to take my new toy to the range.

oh good, another BC waiting for registration to show up.. I'm not alone.

Transferring within ON (private or dealer) can be anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks. 3 weeks is the norm, but sometimes you get one done in a day. Ontario to west coast is usually 1 business day.

I am sure this has been mentioned before but it would be so much easier, faster and cost effective to just electronically append all certificates to your RPAL. Done, dusted and tree hugger approved. Am I missing something or does a paper copy have any benefit?

I am sure this has been mentioned before but it would be so much easier, faster and cost effective to just electronically append all certificates to your RPAL. Done, dusted and tree hugger approved. Am I missing something or does a paper copy have any benefit?

Government workers collecting a paycheque.

I thought to myself. How bad can it be?
When girlfriend started working for federal government I was was showed that it can be really bad.

Got the firearm finally.
Two and a half months.
Firearms center forgot to send it to CFO.
Had to call 3 times.
When they finally sent it, the CFO cleared it very fast.

Thank you Ellwood.
Appreciate the store dealing with the holdup.
Answered emails promptly and very reasonable.
Courteous staff.
A+
Would definitely recommend.

Back
Top Bottom