Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Collectors Deactivation FAQ

AR-15 Collectors Deactivation FAQ

Hey Guys,
    We put AR-15 Deactivations on our recent mailout, and in the few hours that the ad has been live, I've received a bunch of emails.

I wanted to take a few minutes and answer some of the recurring questions, expand on those questions and also provide some of my own commentary, in a more longform format than what a electronic mailout allows.

Q: Can you deactivate my collection?
    A: No. Hard No. We're not doing recreational firearms until the AR-15 fight is finished. If you want to deactivate your collection, find someone else. We need every AR owner to be in this fight, and we're not offering this service until the fight is over.

Q: Why won't you deactivate my collection?
    A: Because we need numbers in the fight right now, and the fight is far from over. We're not going to kneecap our community.

Q: What are you deactivating?
    A: AR-15 Rifles that are either in a Canadian or American military configuration, which are meant for display, or which are owned by collectors we've known and dealt with over the years.

Q: Why are you even offering the service? There could be a PR backlash
    A: I've fielded lots (not tons, but usually 5-6 calls per month) of calls over the past few years asking for AR Deactivations in the years prior to the liberals AR Ban. There's a legitimate market of people who want deactivated ARs, who existed before the ban came into place. As to the PR Backlash, I have an extremely high opinion of the average firearms owner, and I trust that they'll see past the initial knee-jerk reaction.

Q: If people have been asking for it for years, why did it take you so long to offer the service?
    A: Red tape and Labor. It took a really long time to get any relevant information on the Deactivation of the AR-15 from any government source (specifically related to the welding requirements, considering the barrel is steel and the receiver aluminum). By the time we did, We were in the middle of purchasing the company, and I couldn't devote any time to the project. We now have a new full-time gunsmith who was able to look into it on my behalf.

Q: Will you offer deactivation en masse?
    A: I haven't made up my mind on this yet. IF we do, it will be after the fight is over.

Q: Cost?
    A: $465 per rifle. We normally charge $350 for long guns, but the construction of the AR-15 means we have to do a lot more work on the interior to keep it clean on the outside.

Q: Go pound sand!
    A: I think you're misunderstanding the target audience of this service, but I applaud your attitude. We need to hold our dealers to account, everyone needs to be in the fight, no one gets a free pass this time.

I welcome your comments, and will continue adding to this thread as relevant questions come up.

Best regards,
    Payam
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

I didn’t need another reason not to shop at Marstar, but here we are...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I didn’t need another reason not to shop at Marstar, but here we are...
    Cool.

wtf
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

No bueno.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Well this thread sure oughta bring out the masses incapable of critical thought.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Marstar has been selling dewatted rifles for a LONG time.

Everyone calm down with the drama.

BANNED
    I cant blame people for acting in such a way.....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post

Q: Go pound sand!
    A: I think you're misunderstanding the target audience of this service, but I applaud your attitude. We need to hold our dealers to account, everyone needs to be in the fight, no one gets a free pass this time.

All that needed to be said here honestly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast