Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AR-15 Collectors Deactivation FAQ

Bravo! They will once again go from prohibited to non-restricted. Then, probably back to restricted, then prohibited again. Rinse, repeat.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post
    Q: Can you deactivate my collection?
    A: No. Hard No. We're not doing recreational firearms until the AR-15 fight is finished. If you want to deactivate your collection, find someone else. We need every AR owner to be in this fight, and we're not offering this service until the fight is over.

Despite the craziness going on in this thread, this I can appreciate this. Listen i'll hold on to my AR15 as long as I reasonably(to myself) can afford to. If I get a knock on the door saying I need to give it to the police or Marstar for deactivation, otherwise criminal charges will be laid - Sorry to say, I simply cannot afford to lose my job and my life because of this. Every individual has their own limit or line they are willing to cross, and I respect everyone's decision on where that is, and as Marstar said - The will not do this until the fight is over. I believe this to be a very reasonable thing for them to adhere to.

I hope to never need this service, but regardless I appreciate it being (potentially) available.

It is extremely piss-poor timing to be offering deactivations ahead of any sort of negative legal outcome for firearms owners. This display of "impending cooperation" with the Liberal agenda simply encourages the grabbers and the anti's, while potentially sapping the will and determination of the community to fight and win at all costs. This advanced advertisement is an attempt to what? Curry favour with our Lieberal firearms overlords? Reassure AR15 owners that their property is "safe" from confiscation so long as it is rendered into an inoperable lump of metal and plastic? What is the POINT of such an advertisement at this particular juncture? By pooh-poohing the idea of deactivation prior to a legal decision you seem to think that this makes it OK to propose the unthinkable as a reasonable course of action, which it most certainly is NOT. At least not YET.

We did not need to know "ahead of time" that MARSTAR is willing and able to do the Liberal government's bidding to destroy their AR15 rifles for the "low, low cost" of just $465 per firearm. It would have been preferable that you fight to win, rather than "reluctantly" offer us a loser's "consolation prize". But I reckon that is OK so long as MARSTAR makes a buck either way, eh?

Like I said - prematurely piss-poor public planning, MARSTAR. Just when my previously negative opinion of your shoddy business practices was improving, too. Setting yourself up to play a "reluctant starring role" in the government's confiscation agenda is not going to endear your business to those who think as I do. For shame, MARSTAR....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 04-16-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Many posters are missing the forest for the trees. Sure, spend your $$ where you choose. Either way, Marstar ain’t the org driving the attempted end of civilian firearms ownership in Canada. The real culprits are those who vote liberal. Lots of members here are guilty.
    Semper Fi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Q: Cost?

A: $465 per rifle.

I had no idea it would cost that much. Also from what I read there is no more "cock and click" deactivations allowed in Canada either ?

One question: is Marstar involved in the fight either personnally by way of a court case with lawyer or financially by donating to one/some of the current court case.

We’ve all seen what other sponsors here have been doing, some for decades, for this community and our rights to own and use firearms. What is the big hurry to offer "front of the line deactivation" for AR15 1 year away from the deadline ? What is the big hurry to offer this option so "early" ?

If it comes to "you can keep it but has to be deactivated" well I’ll deactivate it myself with a sledge hammer and some concrete. I’m not paying 465$ to keep a non-functional reminder of what it means to be canadian.

I know Marstar has always sold dewats. But offering the option 1 year prior to deadline, with no actual announcement about the need to deactivate to keep it is only helping on side of this sh!t deal and it’s not our side. Every AR that you will deactivate is one less AR in the hands of a law abiding Canadian and it maked justin and the gun control liars very happy. You might even receive an invitation to the Grave Dancing Tour.

Anyway... I understand business and that money pays bills but understand that I will not participate into paying those bills.

And to those considering forking out 465$ to keep a pile of metal and plastic one year from the deadline... know that there are hookers who charge more by the hour...
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    One question: is Marstar involved in the fight either personnally by way of a court case with lawyer or financially by donating to one/some of the current court case.

We’ve all seen what other sponsors here have been doing, some for decades, for this community and our rights to own and use firearms. What is the big hurry to offer "front of the line deactivation" for AR15 1 year away from the deadline ? What is the big hurry to offer this option so "early" ?

If it comes to "you can keep it but has to be deactivated" well I’ll deactivate it myself with a sledge hammer and some concrete. I’m not paying 465$ to keep a non-functional reminder of what it means to be canadian.

I know Marstar has always sold dewats. But offering the option 1 year prior to deadline, with no actual announcement about the need to deactivate to keep it is only helping on side of this sh!t deal and it’s not our side. Every AR that you will deactivate is one less AR in the hands of a law abiding Canadian and it maked justin and the gun control liars very happy. You might even receive an invitation to the Grave Dancing Tour.

Anyway... I understand business and that money pays bills but understand that I will not participate into paying those bills.

And to those considering forking out 465$ to keep a pile of metal and plastic one year from the deadline... know that there are hookers who charge more by the hour...
    nailed it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

This post is individual responses to some of the comments in this thread. Next post is a TLDR.

Quote Originally Posted by mussyhairhillbilly View Post
    But the problem is... it gives a “ promise” to the government,that says: “ yeah okay ,if you push deactivation, were there, with bells on” I realize they, ( Marstar)have sold deactivated firearms, before, but for ffs, let’s not show encouragement, to the Liberals,huh?
    We haven’t made up our mind yet on whether we’ll offer largescale deactivation to the canadian market. There are two of us at Marstar that handle deactivations, and of the two, I’m the only one who handles paperwork. We’d have to do a rather large expansion in order to do this, and expansion usually results in a loss of quality, which is in direct opposition to the service we want to offer. Add to that that AR’s take a heck of a long time to deactivate cleanly, and I’m not sure this is a service we’ll be willing to offer.

We want to be a small shop that offers an exceptional service and product, and that's harder to do the larger the company gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Since we can never legally own an M16 or C7 full auto, I would be highly interested in a dewat wallhanger of either.

As for dewatting civi AR's, to each their own. I, on the other hand, would not.

I own several Marstar dewat's. They are tastefully done compared to others (cough*cough* CS..)
    I would love to see more selection.
    I’m working on expanding the selection of Dewats we offer. I’m glad you’re happy with the work, I take a lot of pride in producing a good product, Your comments made my day in this regard.

We are looking at bringing in F/A M16s, C7s and other service rifles that aren’t available, we’re actually working on a rather large order as we speak. We aren’t offering the service for civvie ARs, and I’m not sure if we will.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Okay here’s the thing I’m most curious about... how do you deactivate an AR given all the differing materials and such?
    That question took me 2.5 years to get an answer to… I’m not sharing the answer because I don’t want to disseminate knowledge on how to deactivate these rifles. We’re not doing large scale commercial deactivation, even though there’s a lot of interest based on the emails I’ve received, but that doesn’t mean someone else wont try to capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    I don't know what the issue is with Marstar. I've spent thousands there without issue. I just recently bought some KCI mags for my Kriss Vector and it was John who answered my questions. I've never had issues.
    There’s a lot of confusion on John, mostly because there are two Johns, Old John (John1) owned Marstar Prior to us, New John is a different person, and is who you dealt with. Old John isn’t involved with the company any longer, save for John’s Vault which we’re hosting until his collection is cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    So were you approached by the Liberal Government in regard to this Ar15 "service"?
    No, we’d been looking into it for some time. It took a long time to get clarification on the requirements in light of the construction of the rifle, and then I put the project on the backburner as I was immediately occupied by the launch and improvement of the website, and didn’t have the time to devote to this project.

We have this on the go: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ar-in-the-News

We refused donations for this fight as its not the ‘main’ fight, but its a fight that is our size that we can handle. We did ask that those who wanted to donate to us instead contribute to the initiatives we have on our front page ( https://marstar.ca/recent-ban-actions/ )There are other things we have going as well, but we don’t typically publicize until they become public on their own. When it comes to court cases, I’ve worked with lawyers in the past (I used to be at the Crown’s office), and I’ve known a couple judges, there’s often a price to pay for publicizing the details of a court case, it skews public opinion, and it makes a spectacle of the court. They don’t appreciate either.

We’re not offering the service to the community in whole. We ran segment in our recent ad for collectors, and were hit with a bunch of emails asking if we can do individual commercial rifles (as stated in our initial post, we wont). The service not intended for those who want to duck out of the fight early or to throw in the towel, its for collectors who have a mannequin and a dedicated safe behind it for their C7 clone. I know a few of these collectors personally, and those who don’t want a dedicated safe end up using rubber or air soft rifles instead.

As to why I made a CGN thread about it, based on the interest I received, I felt that someone would make a thread about this anyways, and rather than let everyone speculate until I got to make a response, I wanted to address it in advance. I gave my word to the community that we’d be upfront and honest with you in our ‘Marstar’s back thread’, its a commitment I intend to honor.

I know Marstar has always sold dewats. But offering the option 1 year prior to deadline, with no actual announcement about the need to deactivate to keep it is only helping on side of this sh!t deal and it’s not our side.
    I have 3 AR’s in the safe behind me, along with a number of other rifles that were impacted by the ban. None are being deactivated, or being slated for deactivation until we have more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    (...)This advanced advertisement is an attempt to what? Curry favour with our Lieberal firearms overlords? Reassure AR15 owners that their property is "safe" from confiscation so long as it is rendered into an inoperable lump of metal and plastic? What is the POINT of such an advertisement at this particular juncture? By pooh-poohing the idea of deactivation prior to a legal decision you seem to think that this makes it OK to propose the unthinkable as a reasonable course of action, which it most certainly is NOT. At least not YET.

We did not need to know "ahead of time" that MARSTAR is willing and able to do the Liberal government's bidding to destroy their AR15 rifles for the "low, low cost" of just $465 per firearm. It would have been preferable that you fight to win, rather than "reluctantly" offer us a loser's "consolation prize". But I reckon that is OK so long as MARSTAR makes a buck either way, eh?

Like I said - prematurely piss-poor public planning, MARSTAR. Just when my previously negative opinion of your shoddy business practices was improving, too. Setting yourself up to play a "reluctant starring role" in the government's confiscation agenda is not going to endear your business to those who think as I do. For shame, MARSTAR....
    I hate the Libs as much as you do. I’ve volunteered against them during elections, I’ve donated to their opponents, I’ve convinced friends and family alike to support other parties and I’ve done my share of letter writing. The point of advertising has always been to get a word out, in this case, that we’ve developed a way to cleanly deactivate an AR-15 for collectors. I’m not offering this service en masse, I’m not certain that we will (detailed above)

As to currying favor with the Liberal Firearm Overlords, if you think the liberals care about any aspect of the firearms community, you’d be wrong. They’re not our friends, either as individuals, or as an organization. No good will come from trying to appease them. Hell, the firearms industry in whole is one of the few that did well through covid, and is still contributing above its weight class to the countries tax base. Liberals care about money, but not necessarily the economy, they’d shut us all down in a minute if they could do it, regardless of who we are or what we do.

Also, never said the cost was low, but it is representative of the time that goes into one of these deactivations.

You view deactivated AR-15s as a loser’s consolation prize, it really depends on the intended use of the AR-15. My AR’s are for shooting, I’d consider them a loser’s consolation if I were to have them deactivated in fear of the Governments agenda. There are some who deactivate firearms for display, and for them, the deactivated rifle is the goal, that is the customer that this was intended for.

I’m not a fan of deactivated firearms myself, but I still have a Deact. hanging in the foyer of my home. A lot of service guys and door-to-door canvassers miss it, but the ones who do… The hooker probably would keep me happier for the first 3.5 seconds.

Regards,
    Payam
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

Its clear there’s a lot of differing opinions on this, and emotions are a little hot. This was supposed to be a small offering, but a some are feeling betrayed, and a lot of customers are asking us to do their personal firearms.

None of this is what we wanted or intended. This was a footnote on our latest advertisement, and was supposed to be pretty insignificant.

I’m going to re-evaluate how we’re making this offering, in all likelihood, we’ll walk back from touching the domestic market (even in the limited amount we were looking to do) and focus on rifle imports specifically for the purpose of deactivation (something we already have in the pipe)

If there’s one thing I learned in the military, its that we have to be united in our fight, and this offering is clearly causing a rift within our community, that rift is going to compromise our ability to fight the coming wave, by pulling us apart and turning us on one another. I’d rather deal with a more complicated supply line than create division in the face of adversity.

As for Marstar, we’re going to continue to get as many firearms into peoples hands as we can manage. If you think the fight is about AR-15s and only AR-15s, then you’d be wrong. I’m going to lock this thread after this post, I want this post to be the last one in this thread, simply, because it sums up what we’re planning on doing, which I don’t want to get lost in more pages of responses. I thank you for your understanding in advance.

I’d encourage any of you to PM me directly with your thoughts and opinions, or even give us a call at our toll free. I’d love to hear from you directly. To those of you who actually made it this far, Thanks!

My Best,
    Payam
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234