Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should I get a piece of paper, like registration of the pistol in mail?

ok, got it now. Things are so complicated and rules are so confusing.
    It's my first pistol in Canada, that's why I am puzzled by this convoluted rules. So for now I am going to grab a non-restricted rifle from a store and have fun. So much easier.
    A further question, when I buy my 2nd pistol am I going to get another new PAL card, or that's it for the current one labelled 000002?

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    I think what you got ,is the conditions attached to your license.
    It basically allows you to transport restricted firearms,that you have a valid registration certificate for.

You will get a separate document, that's specifically linked to each firearm. ( registration certificate ).
    You are supposed to have this certificate, carried with the restricted firearm you are transporting.
    If you get stopped by the Police and you cannot produce this certificate, they may take your firearms, then you have 14 days to produce the certificate.

Same apples when borrowing a restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    A further question, when I buy my 2nd pistol am I going to get another new PAL card, or that's it for the current one labelled 000002?
    You will not get another PAL card until you renew before your 5 year expiry.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

During your RPAL course, they taught you and tested you on this. Q: "What three documents do you need to take your restricted firearm to the range?" A: 1)RPAL; 2)ATT; and 3)Registration Certificate.

I guess this is the problem when the delay from course to possession is 5-13 months. It is rather easy to forget details like this.
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    During your RPAL course, they taught you and tested you on this. Q: "What three documents do you need to take your restricted firearm to the range?" A: 1)RPAL; 2)ATT; and 3)Registration Certificate.

I guess this is the problem when the delay from course to possession is 5-13 months. It is rather easy to forget details like this.
    To be completely fair you are incorrect. Only 1 and 2 are required by law to transport restricted. The catch is if found with a restricted and no reg cert they can seise them and you have 14 days to produced the reg cert.

There is no offense for transporting or using a restricted without carrying a reg cert

Shawn

Super GunNutz
    I suspect #3 is for gangstas, its just another Mickey mouse charge,for the crown,to play let's make a deal.

I also suspect that if you're pulled over by LEO,they're not to concerned about your piece of paper,as they know if the gun is registered to you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    To be completely fair you are incorrect. Only 1 and 2 are required by law to transport restricted. The catch is if found with a restricted and no reg cert they can seise them and you have 14 days to produced the reg cert.

There is no offense for transporting or using a restricted without carrying a reg cert

Shawn
    Fair enough; I'm just reiterating what is taught in the RPAL course. Of course, lots of what is taught isn't law.
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    Fair enough; I'm just reiterating what is taught in the RPAL course. Of course, lots of what is taught isn't law.

Shawn

As a rule your paper cert. will take 10 days to 2 weeks to come . ( In Sask.)
    But As Shawn said , you have 14 days to produce it. But what if you don't have it yet and it don't come in the mail?
    I will add, in all the years I have carried guns to ranges and shows, I have never been asked for a certificate, Or a Pal for that matter.
    I carry copies, and keep the original in a file at home with all the gun crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12