Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should I get a piece of paper, like registration of the pistol in mail?

should I get a piece of paper, like registration of the pistol in mail?

I recently got my restricted PAL (the number ended with .000001), and I bought a pistol right after that.
    After all the transfer and registration are done, I picked up my gun from the store along with a piece of paper they printed from email. It's the ATT authorizing me take the gun back home.
    So I am at home waiting another mail before I can enjoy it at a range.
    Today I got another PAL card (the number ended with .000002), along with it is a slip specifying conditions (one of them is allowing me to take the gun to range for fun). So I discarded the old card.
    Now the question, should I receive another mail from RCMP as the registration of the pistol? I thought it would come with the new card in the same mail. No?

You will eventually receive a green RCMP letter with a beige paper inside.
    That will be your firearm registration certificate.
    Prices including shipping DOES NOT include full insurance. Once package is in carrier's hands, it is not my responsibility anymore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    The registration certificate is printed and mailed separately.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenK View Post
    so at this point of time, am I allowed to take my new toy to the range and have fun?
    I mean, I have the new card (with label ending 000002), and a slip indicating I can take the gun with me to the range. So as long as I have the new PAL and the slip with me, I can take the gun to the range?
    the beige paper is just a piece of paper proofing I am the owner of this gun?

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    so at this point of time, am I allowed to take my new toy to the range and have?
    I mean, I have the new card (with label ending 000002), and a slip indicating I can take the gun with me to the range. So as long as I have the new PAL and the slip with me, I can take the gun to the range?
    the beige paper is just a piece of paper proofing I am the owner of this gun?
    You would've asked this question a month or so ago, it would've been answered positively.

RCMP released a communique a few weeks ago stating you are now forbidden to go to the range without your firearm registration certificate. The transfer notification does not act as a certificate anymore.
    Prices including shipping DOES NOT include full insurance. Once package is in carrier's hands, it is not my responsibility anymore.

Do you have a reference for the latest RCMP communique?

I'm not sure the TN ever acted as a certificate.

"This is to inform you that your application to register
    the following firearm(s) has been processed. You
    may take possession of them now
    . Your new
    registration certificate(s) will be sent to you in a
    separate envelope."

You would've asked this question a month or so ago, it would've been answered positively.

RCMP released a communique a few weeks ago stating you are now forbidden to go to the range without your firearm registration certificate. The transfer notification does not act as a certificate anymore.
    I am not talking about the transfer notification.
    It is a slip attached with the new PAL card, the slip has a list of special conditions on it, one of them is allowing the owner of the card to take the restricted firearms to ranges for sports shooting. It's plain text written there, black and white. No ambiguity as far as my linguistic ability tells me.
    I don't get it how RCMP can still send out this kind of document which is clearly contradicting to the so-called communique they issued a couple of months.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    With this piece of paper you can take your new toy to the range !And make sure you keep the conditions paper with you also !

Quote Originally Posted by calibrecarstairs View Post
    Do you have a reference for the latest RCMP communique?
    I do not have it under hand right now, but the info+links are on CGN.

It is a slip attached with the new PAL card, the slip has a list of special conditions on it, one of them is allowing the owner of the card to take the restricted firearms to ranges for sports shooting. It's plain text written there, black and white. No ambiguity as far as my linguistic ability tells me.
    I don't get it how RCMP can still send out this kind of document which is clearly contradicting to the so-called communique they issued a couple of months.
    The slip attached to the second PAL you received is your ATT conditions.
    Yes, correct. You are allowed to take restricted firearms to the range, but you still need the registration certificate to travel with a restricted, even if only going to the range.

Hope that helps... It is confusing, yes lol

Communique only addressed TN vs FRC, not ATT.

Super GunNutz
    I think what you got ,is the conditions attached to your license.
    It basically allows you to transport restricted firearms,that you have a valid registration certificate for.

You will get a separate document, that's specifically linked to each firearm. ( registration certificate ).
    You are supposed to have this certificate, carried with the restricted firearm you are transporting.
    If you get stopped by the Police and you cannot produce this certificate, they may take your firearms, then you have 14 days to produce the certificate.

Same apples when borrowing a restricted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast