CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: Unbelievable G4C Sports Canada

  1. #21
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    12,677
    Quote Originally Posted by 1895GS View Post
    That store is essentially down the street from Tenda. Tenda is way better store.
    But is it? I had a very similar experience with Tenda - bought a gun advertised as a youth model, got one that wasn't. Turns out their website guy did a #### job copying product descriptions from the manufacturer.

    I decided to keep the gun anyways, and Tenda said they'd hook me up with some swag on my next order for their #### up. Next order they sent me a small pin and a morale patch. That's it. $5 worth of crap that I really don't give a #### about. I didn't even get any stickers! (first order came with a few stickers, which are more useful to me than either a pin or a morale patch)

    OP it sucks you didn't get what you wanted, but it doesn't sound unreasonable for them to tell you they will be deducting any damage from your return. I'd be far more pissed if they DIDN'T tell you about that and then went and did it anyways. My solution would be to take good pictures of the gun before packaging it up and if they claim damage you'll at least have something to compare to.
    Last edited by Suther; 04-16-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

  2. #22
    Super GunNutz thegazelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    832
    It is not unreasonable for them to expect the gun back in saleable condition. If you ever bought some Nikes or other shoes and try to return, they will check for any signs that they have been worn and walked around. If there is evidence it was used, they won't take them back (this is the Adidas, Nike, Reebok policy, probably many other stores). For them to take it back to resell to someone else it has to be in resalable condition. That is not unreasonable. As the other poster said, take a photo or video of everything if you are worried about that.
    CCFR, NFA, NRA (Life), CPC

  3. #23
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I envy the OP for having enough time and energy to whine and fight with a store over a 2-shell holder.
    I wish I had time and energy for such unimportant things too, although I would certainly make better use of it.
    You say that but then commented not only once but twice on this same thread lol and not even to add anything productive, not only attempting to disparage OP's issue, but him personally.

    I think you have more time to be petty and unimportant than you think.

    If OP has a genuine issue with his transaction which he brought to the attention of the vendor who did not dispute the discrepancy and no remedy was offered even after a direct request for them to do so, then that doesn't sit well. If you can't make it right when it's easy how will you make things right when it's difficult?

    For the record have had dozens of orders from G4C without issue, an inch thick of their free targets sitting on my table, which are always much appreciated.

    Gun retailers really need to put that stock image only disclaimer in there though, the number of preorders especially I've seen finally get delivered months/years late looking completely different than what was ordered leaves me seriously unsurprised.

  4. #24
    CGN Regular diabeticfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    The fields of Ontario
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by pygmalion2020 View Post
    As I said they amended their website to say it only comes with 5 and it looks as though they have changed the pics as well to only show the 5 shell holder. I do have the screenshots of the original webpage/original description and to be clear they were not disputing that they were only deferring responsibility onto mossberg.
    Are you going to post those pictures or just keep saying you have them? If you have evidence, it makes your case much stronger. Just sayin'.
    "The greatest honour history can bestow is that of the peacemaker."

    I'm interested in buying anything connected to the Winter War, the Continuation War, or the Crimean War. Let me know what you have!

  5. #25
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    160
    People saying that it's normal for a store to expect merchandise returned for a refund to be in new condition are totally correct. Where these people are absolutely wrong though is conflating that with making a customer feel like you will unfairly charge them for damages to recoup shipping costs or get the final "jab" in what devolved into a petty disagreement.

  6. #26
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by diabeticfreak View Post
    Are you going to post those pictures or just keep saying you have them? If you have evidence, it makes your case much stronger. Just sayin'.
    Except for the one guy passively aggressively calling it weird I don't think anyone has actually contested that there was a picture of an additional shell holder.

  7. #27
    CGN Regular Umpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary - AB
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    This is why I ALWAYS call the store with my questions before ordering now because like several others stated "item may vary from picture"
    This is exactly what I did with them before buy my police surplus Jericho, they had the courtesy to send me a picture of the actual pistol before buy it and everything went well, and I’m pretty happy with my pistol
    You're out!

  8. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    27
    Looks like the extra 2 shot shell holder would have been the deal breaker for the OP. A lot of the times a dealer will just use stock photos, and miss things like this. Happens, and is an honest mistake, I think their original description wouldn't have mentioned that it came with 2 shell carriers for a total of 7, and so they amended it to just confirm it came with 5 only because the pics show 7. If it were me, I'd just accept that they made a mistake on their end with the photos and either refund the gun or keep as is.

    But since OP relied on the photos and came to the conclusion it was 7 shells and made the purchase, and feels that he should be compensated, that is something that can't be argued. But whatever the compensation should be, is between the two parties. So if G4C decides not to do anything, then the OP either keeps the gun or refund it and move on. And leave a bad review if he feels he needs to do so

    First world problems.

  9. #29
    Member Asuper59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    85
    ^^^

  10. #30
    Member Asuper59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by huckjai View Post
    Looks like the extra 2 shot shell holder would have been the deal breaker for the OP. A lot of the times a dealer will just use stock photos, and miss things like this. Happens, and is an honest mistake, I think their original description wouldn't have mentioned that it came with 2 shell carriers for a total of 7, and so they amended it to just confirm it came with 5 only because the pics show 7. If it were me, I'd just accept that they made a mistake on their end with the photos and either refund the gun or keep as is.

    But since OP relied on the photos and came to the conclusion it was 7 shells and made the purchase, and feels that he should be compensated, that is something that can't be argued. But whatever the compensation should be, is between the two parties. So if G4C decides not to do anything, then the OP either keeps the gun or refund it and move on. And leave a bad review if he feels he needs to do so

    First world problems.
    ^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •