Unbelievable G4C Sports Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

pygmalion2020

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.3%
301   2   3
Well I never thought I would be a person who made one of these threads but I guess today is the day.

I recently purchased a firearm from the dealer in the thread title. In the pictures on their website it showed the firearm with a 5 shell holder on one side a 2 shell holder on the other side.

When I received the firearm it had the 5 shell holder but no 2 shell holder.

I messaged and informed them that I was missing the two shell holder but the dealer informed me that the firearm only comes with 5 and directed me to the Mossberg website where it is described as coming with 5 shell holders.

The only issue is that it did not say it comes with 5 shell holders on the dealers website and in the pictures it is shown with 7. I like any logical person looked at the pictures and figured it came with 7 total.

They have since amended their website to include the fact that it only comes with 5 not 7 shell holders and their response to me was to blame Mossberg for taking the pictures like that. I have screenshots of the original webpage and pictures.

I asked them to make it right and had no response so I asked for a prepaid return label to get a full refund. They then passive aggressively told me that if there was any damage/scratches to the firearm it would be deducted from my refund. I feel like they are no longer operating on a good faith basis and that they would say it was damaged to recoup their costs. This is just my gut feeling.

At this point I am going to accept the loss and keep it as I do not trust them to be honorable in this dispute. I am going to avoid doing business with them in the future.

Some people may think this is petty but I bought something and they delivered something different than what they advertised.

This is very common. Some vendors make a point of just saying picture may differ from actual product, even if it doesn’t.

Hopefully they make it right. It would be a small cost to eat to keep a customer happy.

That is weird. I likely bought the same gun as you a few days ago from G4C. If it's the same gun, I don't recall seeing a second 2-shell holder ANYWHERE in photos online and on their website. In the videos on Youtube of the gun that I saw before purchase, and on other review sites, I only saw one 5-round shell holder so I wasn't expecting a 2-shell holder. Maybe I missed it, but I was expecting a 5-shell holder and that's what it came with. I am telling you, if I expected a 2-shell holder in addition and it didn't come it, I would have noticed and pointed it out. But I got exactly what I expected to get from what I saw on the listing, the reviews online, the Youtube videos AND the other sites that sold it when I was comparison shopping beforehand. Everything was all wrapped up, new in box, with everything it was supposed to come with.

I will say that I have made multiple purchases at G4C and the service has been impeccable, the communication excellent, and the quality and pricing top notch. I have gotten great advice from the staff there, and they are absolutely customer focused. The pricing has been BETTER than anywhere else I have seen (I like to comparison shop). I am very picky about vendor integrity and in dealing with G4C, they have shown more than sufficient character that I have made this store my go-to store for my firearms and ammo needs. I have no hesitancy recommending anyone shop there, and if you look at their Google and online reviews, a positive experience is the overwhelming consensus. No, I do not work there, have no relationship with the staff there, but I am always going to give props for a store when it is due. G4C is a good, trustworthy store.

Last edited:
Some people may think this is petty but I bought something and they delivered something different than what they advertised.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

That is weird. I likely bought the same gun as you a few days ago from G4C. If it's the same gun, I don't recall seeing a second 2-shell holder anywhere in photos online and on their website. In the videos on Youtube of the gun that I saw before purchase, and on other review sites, I only saw one 5-round shell holder so I wasn't expecting a 2-shell holder. Maybe I missed it, but I was expecting a 5-shell holder and that's what it came with.

I will say that I have made multiple purchases at G4C and the service has been impeccable, the communication excellent, and the quality and pricing top notch. I have gotten great advice from the staff there, and they are absolutely customer focused.

As I said they amended their website to say it only comes with 5 and it looks as though they have changed the pics as well to only show the 5 shell holder. I do have the screenshots of the original webpage/original description and to be clear they were not disputing that they were only deferring responsibility onto mossberg.

sucks, #### happens and used the wrong product picture. Move along or ask to be compensated. some of you guys whine harder than karens.

I have found them to be reputable and good to work with.
I like that they have free shipping for firearms.

Item one. got two mags for a S&W M&P9
Item two. TNW ASR 9
Item three. CZ557 Synthetic Black edition 308

I ordered the CZ on a Sunday. Next day i noticed that the price was $40 lower. They could not lower price of rifle but did give me a $40 Credit.

Item 4. A Harris 1A2 bipod which i used the credit on.

My thought about op. If there was no disclaimer - as in, item may not be exact as shown, then they should ensure the item shipped is as described on order page.

Like I said I asked them to make it right and I heard crickets. I'm not a CGN noob, been here for years and done hundreds of deals and hundreds more with site sponsors. It comes down to a simple deliver what you advertised.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences there as it is near my workplace. They are always friendly and helpful especially to a relatively shooting novice such as myself. In this case, if the description says one thing you and receive something else, I’d also inquire with the store and resolve it in a polite manner. I don’t agree in bashing a store due to a description error which IMHO will not win you any sympathy from the store...

For clarity, I would want to be made right too, just not this way.

I envy the OP for having enough time and energy to whine and fight with a store over a 2-shell holder.
I wish I had time and energy for such unimportant things too, although I would certainly make better use of it.

Lol i missed the part where the store actually agreed to refund him over a 2 shell holder...and the OP is still whining.

Unbelievable indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom