Thread: The Elusive Henry Classic Lever Action .22!

The Elusive Henry Classic Lever Action .22!

I have been trying to score one of these rifles for almost 8 months. All the local retailers in GTA had been sold out. Finally this past week some new inventory arrived, but by the time I replied to re-stock email notifications from local dealers, they were all sold out. On top of that, there were price increases from last year...as Charlie Brown would say, "good grief"...

After searching a little further outside of the GTA, bingo! Goble's Firearms in London had them in stock AND still reasonably priced! (https://www.gobles.ca/lever-rifle-18-1-4-blue-walnut-22lr.html). Bought it Saturday morning on line, then picked it up curbside. These are handsome rifles, excellent fit and finish with beautiful walnut stocks. Really looking forward to taking it to the range.

This is my second Henry, as I already own the Lever Action X Model in .45-70. Very pleased with the quality of these rifles.

So if you are still on the hunt for the Classic Lever Action .22, give Goble's Firearms in London, ON a call. For their excellent service, a big "thank you"!
    Non Nobis Sed Patriae

Recently picked up ( what I thought was likely the last one in stock in Canada) a Henry Big Boy in .357mag for my wife. found it in Calgary. Brass receiver and walnut stock. Absolutely beautiful rifle. We even did a video on it. Link below. I am sure you are going to love shooting yours. They are beautifully made.One thing to watch out for: Make sure you complete the levering action since they are easy to short stroke until you get used to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzE1VgZPrKU

I have also been looking for the H001L for quite some time. I ordered the one and only one I've seen come in to this country through Al Flahertys less then 10 minutes after receiving the restock email. They have low prices as well and still have two original h001s in stock. Can't wait for it to show up.

Checked out your video, very nice review of your rifle and well presented! Subscribed. You should be getting a lot more views for your videos.

I will make sure to get lots of practice to avoid "short stroking"...
    Non Nobis Sed Patriae

Ehea, PM sent

Disregard, failure to read your entire message...

I had called Al Flaherty's the moment I had received the notification, and they were gone...
    Non Nobis Sed Patriae

Guess I didn't get the only one in Canada. Haha. I've been informed of a couple others in this country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    I bought one in 17 cal 6 or 7 years ago . It’s a tight , well built little thing , that’s for sure .

Had a similar experience trying to track down the "Evil Roy" a few years back.. placed order from a local store.. distributor told us 3 months max( was with manager when he called ) placed order.. after 10 months of getting the run around guy from the store gave me the number for the distributor who I called, they said nothing they can do they placed the order but henry hasn't sent that particular rifle with any of their orders.. told me to call henry and gave me the number.. called henry and talked to a nice lady that explained if the order was placed that long ago there is no reason it shouldn't have arrived yet.. agent from henry was also upset at the fact that the distributor gave me their number instead of calling themselves.. whole process left a bad taste in my mouth but I was still determined to get my evil Roy.. a different local store got a used one in at a great price and Immediately went in to grab it... wasn't even inventoried yet when I showed up but apparently it was already spoken for.. after trying to sweet talk the nice lady into selling it to me I went home disappointed again... when I got home and was doing my usual Google searching I found one at a suspiciously cheap price on a non gun related classified website.. after speaking with the guy and him sending me pictures of his pal and drivers license with the rifle after I told him it seemed suspicious we had a deal and he he even put it in the mail and sent me the tracking info before he wanted me to send him the money. . Was a long frustrating ordeal but I ended up paying less than half of retail for the rifle I wanted and it showed up in perfect, brand new condition..

CGN Regular
    Hey guys just thought Id update you folks....Tillsonburg has stock of henry 22's....but they are going really fast....jump on now ...