Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 82 Pattern Ruck sacks with Frame

EBusiness Member Army Issue Surplus Inc's Avatar

82 Pattern Ruck sacks with Frame

82 Pattern Ruck sacks with Frame

The CAF has run short of the new issue Rucksacks and this is a great

inexpensive option for the Troopies that have to find their own for BASIC training.

The Original Canadian 82 pattern Backpack.
    This Canadian made pack is constructed with tough waterproof nylon.
    3 pockets on the face.
    the two side pockets are open in the back to allow for Snowshoes, axes or other type items to pass through and will be held securely with a 1 inch nylon strap above the pocket. External Wire frame, padded lower back.
    Quick-release shoulder straps.
    One large cargo compartment and a Radio sleeve.
    2 separate zippered pouches in the lid.
    with a zippered pass through.
    Adjustable waistband and shoulder straps. Sleeping bag Valise not included.
    Good condition but pack will vary in appearance according to its own service record.
    Pack may have Canadian Forces Members names on them or other distinct markings.

pick up available at

Army Issue Surplus Inc
    312 Lakeshore Road West
    Mississauga
    L5H 3G8
    905 271 1665

Tue Wed 11- 6
    Thu Fri 12-7
    Sat 10-6
    Sun 12-5
    Last edited by Army Issue Surplus Inc; 02-01-2024 at 05:50 PM.

BANNED
    Troops are having to by their own rucksack for basic training?

Quote Originally Posted by Army Issue Surplus Inc View Post
    Troopies that have to buy thier own for BASIC training.
    What ?
    Prices including shipping DOES NOT include full insurance. Once package is in carrier's hands, it is not my responsibility anymore.

CGN frequent flyer Liquid_Snake's Avatar
    Serious question.. my kid would love that lever toy where u get it ???

CGN Regular
    Now here is a story. Many years ago, around the late 1990s I went to CFB Meaford to attend the BMQ summer grad parade and pass out unit cap badges to the fresh new recruits. At that time the Area Commander was Maj Gen Stephenson and his son was in my unit on parade graduating as one of those fresh new reserve soldiers. Of course the General was surrounded by the usual boot lickers and riff raff that always hung around.

As I was standing beside the General thinking of what intelligent and insightful remark I could toss his way, he looked at me and seeing I was in the same unit as his son, said "my son told me they were short all sorts of kit like packs and helmets, that shouldn't be, someone should do something". I swear those were his words that "someone should do something" about kit shortages and it wasn't the area commander. He could have made one short phone call to the Meaford Base Commander and the kit shortages would have been solved. I regret not stepping up and saying what I thought but the training was over and all that could be had at this point is lame excuses.

Gen Stephenson was not a perceptive officer and regrettably the army as many more just like him.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    Troops are having to by their own rucksack for basic training?
    Nope

They will either be issued one from stores OR they will use their small pack.

Load of BS

Not to mention you'd have to pay ME to use that ruck. Which the gov't HAS.

Absolute garbage, was designed for mounted operations not dismounted movements. The hip belt is non existent and is THE critical component to carrying loads over any distance

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
    I’m interested in the toy as well, I need two!
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    Nope

They will either be issued one from stores OR they will use their small pack.

Load of BS

Not to mention you'd have to pay ME to use that ruck. Which the gov't HAS.

Absolute garbage, was designed for mounted operations not dismounted movements. The hip belt is non existent and is THE critical component to carrying loads over any distance
    Good to know. I will inform the troopies buying the packs that thier Instructors are incorrect. Please send your contact info along so that they can direct thier Instructor wrath in your direction instead.
    From your tone I assume you have some experience with the Army and the Packs. It's good to hear the trains always run on time in BC. Our experience in BanTario may vary from Province to Province. I would not know for sure, I'm not a Troopie, Dude I sell Pants.
    I can only relate the Info that I am provided by the members coming in to buy Packs be cause that's what they have been told.
    As far as the suitability of the 82's for land Ops Basic training I think you may be the first member to complain about the kit issued by the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    I’m interested in the toy as well, I need two!
    We had them at the shop a while ago, I'll have a look during lock down and Post in here what's left. Pre C21 toy gun sale lol.

There was a rucksack and sleeping bag shortage a few years ago. The email at the time mentioned for HQ staff and CIC "Officers" to turn in their field gear that they were not going to use anyways, so clothing could be issued to the guys that actually required it. The troops going on basic were sometimes only given partial kit issues if clothing ran out. This deficiency was usually rectified within a couple weeks when stock came in.

Not sure what it is like now, but there was also a boot shortage coupled with the poor quality of the newer contract brown/tan boots, and guys were having to go buy their own boots. In which case a reimbursement form was available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast