Rough Use Knives

look pretty good for the price. i would get a couple too. probably one of each style 15$ is still a steal. 20 is decent. anything more than 25$ is "to expensive" territory IMO and you could probably get a name brand for a bit extra

They are probably the best for intended use, rough use, I baton with mine and cannot kill it, the handle looks cheap and sometimes rattles, I want to make a new handle for fun but haven't broken this one yet but it has only been 7 years!it is comfortable and has handled everything I asked of it, although I haven't tried to poke holes in metal like they did or break concrete blocks like they did or stand on it like they did, but I am comforted that if I did it could handle the rough use task! If I ever had to Bug out, that knife (among others) would be in my bag! I have gifted at least one to every family member!

They are probably the best for intended use, rough use, I baton with mine and cannot kill it, the handle looks cheap and sometimes rattles, I want to make a new handle for fun but haven't broken this one yet but it has only been 7 years!it is comfortable and has handled everything I asked of it, although I haven't tried to poke holes in metal like they did or break concrete blocks like they did or stand on it like they did, but I am comforted that if I did it could handle the rough use task! If I ever had to Bug out, that knife (among others) would be in my bag! I have gifted at least one to every family member!

Some of mine rattle a bit too. I think I've seen enough episodes of Forged in Fire to attempt putting a different handle on my 'dirks'

Some of mine rattle a bit too. I think I've seen enough episodes of Forged in Fire to attempt putting a different handle on my 'dirks'
Haha, was thinking the same thing, but, that handle is so comfy, for me at least, just the right thickness etc. But some day I will be moulding a new grip, hopefully be an improvement!

Maybe just another rivet?
Maybe, if it didn't weaken the tang, would have to see how beefy that tang is before poking another hole, maybe just resins and a better rivet/fastener! Possibly even gently drill out the rivet fill the present handle with resin and fasten back up with some type of sunken bolt! Would firm it up and make the original grip stronger!

Back
Top Bottom