Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rough Use Knives

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    They are probably the best for intended use, rough use, I baton with mine and cannot kill it, the handle looks cheap and sometimes rattles, I want to make a new handle for fun but haven't broken this one yet but it has only been 7 years!it is comfortable and has handled everything I asked of it, although I haven't tried to poke holes in metal like they did or break concrete blocks like they did or stand on it like they did, but I am comforted that if I did it could handle the rough use task! If I ever had to Bug out, that knife (among others) would be in my bag! I have gifted at least one to every family member!
    Some of mine rattle a bit too. I think I've seen enough episodes of Forged in Fire to attempt putting a different handle on my 'dirks'

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Some of mine rattle a bit too. I think I've seen enough episodes of Forged in Fire to attempt putting a different handle on my 'dirks'
    Haha, was thinking the same thing, but, that handle is so comfy, for me at least, just the right thickness etc. But some day I will be moulding a new grip, hopefully be an improvement!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Maybe just another rivet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Maybe just another rivet?
    Maybe, if it didn't weaken the tang, would have to see how beefy that tang is before poking another hole, maybe just resins and a better rivet/fastener! Possibly even gently drill out the rivet fill the present handle with resin and fasten back up with some type of sunken bolt! Would firm it up and make the original grip stronger!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaSayWhat?! View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/L9uhxcF

Turns out the bolo is a pretty good thrower.
    Missed out on that model but will order 2 if they sell them again.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaSayWhat?! View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/L9uhxcF

Turns out the bolo is a pretty good thrower.
    Nice, got a bit of a look at the tang there, looks like it is as thick as the knife an at least 1/2 inch wide, no wonder the guy could stand on it! So the balance is ok on the bolo for throwing?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    So the balance is ok on the bolo for throwing?
    Man I tell ya, being front heavy it sticks real good (with a *very* satisfying thunk) once you get the rotation down.
    I am by no means an expert but of the Hibbens and Cold Steels etc that I have tried, this dirk is still my favorite.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234