Thread: Federal American Eagle Syntech Ammo 9mm TSJ 124 Grain, 50 Rounds

Business Member

Federal American Eagle Syntech Ammo 9mm TSJ 124 Grain, 50 Rounds

Attachment 490339

Available here

Box of 50The new Syntech ammo from Federal is specifically designed for range use. It uses a bullet with a total synthetic jacket that reduces friction and eliminates copper or lead fouling. It also reduces splash back when shooting at steel targets as opposed to copper jackets. It is loaded with clean burning powders and super efficient Catalyst primers for consistent and accurate performance.Manufacturer Number: AE9SJ2
    9mm Luger
    124 Grain
    Total Synthetic Jacket (TSJ) Projectile
    Reloadable Brass Case
    Clean Burning, Non-Corrosive
    No Lead or Copper Fouling
    Reduces Splash Back on Steel
    Muzzle Velocity 1050 fps
    Muzzle Energy 304 ft/lbs
    Our website will have the most up to date prices. Prices on CGN do expire.
    Free Shipping over $250 (Now includes ammo) but some exclusions apply like remote locations.

PRICE MATCH & PRICE PROTECTION GUARANTEE
    We want your business and if you find a lower advertised price on an in stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 5 days of your purchase date, just show us the price and we will match it. Some conditions apply.

sales@bullseyenorth.com

Not that it makes a difference shooting paper and steel, but is there going to be more of a move to this plastic projectile? Maybe even with an aluminum case due to the backlog of everything else?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    Not that it makes a difference shooting paper and steel, but is there going to be more of a move to this plastic projectile? Maybe even with an aluminum case due to the backlog of everything else?
    It’s more of a move to shoot what you can find.
    Free Shipping over $250 (Now includes ammo) but some exclusions apply like remote locations.

We want your business and if you find a lower advertised price on an in stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 5 days of your purchase date, just show us the price and we will match it. Some conditions apply.

sales@bullseyenorth.com

I shot these this past weekend (both 9mm and .40 versions) and can confirm there is a noticeable difference in cleaning the gun afterwards. Accuracy seems on par at least with the regular Federal FMJ, but given that the difference in price is not significant, I may move exclusively to this round for range use. Will try it on steel targets shortly. Pretty impressed so far.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    We took some of this out and compared it to the cheap aluminium cased Blazer. We shot it at 50 meters, out of a TNW Aero Carbine.

Perhaps it was the lot we got, Becuase there was a dramatic difference in accuracy compared to the aluminum cased rounds. This Syntech printed 4-6" groups consistently, while the other ammo was 2-3"..

We have 1000 rounds of the stuff to get through, I'm thinking it may be best in a handgun at 20 yards or less...

Josh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I shot these this past weekend (both 9mm and .40 versions) and can confirm there is a noticeable difference in cleaning the gun afterwards. Accuracy seems on par at least with the regular Federal FMJ, but given that the difference in price is not significant, I may move exclusively to this round for range use. Will try it on steel targets shortly. Pretty impressed so far.
    Lol wut? To me, $460/1000 9mm rounds is in no way suitable for range use. That's obscene.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol wut? To me, $460/1000 9mm rounds is in no way suitable for range use. That's obscene.
    If I buy in bulk at my LGS, the difference in price for 1000 rounds turns out to be $1.20 per box more, compared to a regular single box of regular Federal 9mm.

I do agree that there are cheaper alternatives. For having to clean the gun less, the Syntech product seems compelling.
    Last edited by thegazelle; 05-04-2021 at 12:29 PM.

@Bullseye North: do you have any of these Syntech TSJs in .40 (180 gr)?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    @Bullseye North: do you have any of these Syntech TSJs in .40 (180 gr)?
    If you send sales@bullseyenorth.com a email they will track some down for you.

sales@bullseyenorth.com