Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exceptional Service from PD Enterprises!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipester View Post
    I shop here often as I live nearby. I agree they have good selection and price. Unfortunately they've let me down on the service I would hope for at a small business. I've asked them for help with something a few times and I'm always give the blanket answer "we don't do gunsmithing". I don't think torquing action screws or showing me how to adjust a trigger on a gun that is meant to be user adjustable is considered gunsmithing. And this is with new guns purchased from them in person. So I'll buy from them if they have something others don't, or if prices are better, but their service to me is no more or less than cabelas.
    I think you’re confusing a retail store with YouTube. Type in the model and what you want to do in the search bar...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Recommend them..yes

Imagine a new shooter, first gun, asks for help at the store where he bought it and gets told to look it up on YouTube. Are you sure that's what you want?

CGN Regular
    Imagine a new shooter, first gun, asks for help at the store where he bought it and gets told to look it up on YouTube. Are you sure that's what you want?
    In a polite, informative way, yes.

Because it's a slippery slope. "Hey, last week you guys adjusted my trigger, but there's too much creep. Can you reduce the creep?" "Hey, last week you fixed the creep, but now there's too much overtravel, can you fix that?" "Last week you fixed the overtravel, but it feels too heavy, can you lighten it?" "Hey, I think you lightened it too much, because I leaned it on a shooting bench, then it fell and went off".

Either he should own a set of allen wrenches, or he should not. If he should, then adjusting the trigger on a CZ 457 after watching this is dirt simple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUVoqf5AiY

If he cannot fathom adjusting a trigger after watching that, then he should just shoot factory settings and be happy.

Virtually all of the things we own can be user-tweaked and adjusted for better performance--but the know-how and the liability needs to stay with the consumer or a professional "tweaker" (in this case, a gunsmith).

Ok, You've sold me. Big box stores or mail order from the bulk dealers from now on. I won't feel bad about not supporting local small business anymore. Thanks.

CGN Regular
    Ok, You've sold me. Big box stores or mail order from the bulk dealers from now on. I won't feel bad about not supporting local small business anymore. Thanks.
    If you really thought they were going to pull out a mat and disassemble your rifle and show you step by step how it can be adjusted, then reassemble it for you--all for free--then that sound you hear is "local small business" cheering your decision to shop elsewhere.

I shop here often as I live nearby. I agree they have good selection and price. Unfortunately they've let me down on the service I would hope for at a small business. I've asked them for help with something a few times and I'm always give the blanket answer "we don't do gunsmithing". I don't think torquing action screws or showing me how to adjust a trigger on a gun that is meant to be user adjustable is considered gunsmithing. And this is with new guns purchased from them in person. So I'll buy from them if they have something others don't, or if prices are better, but their service to me is no more or less than cabelas.
    Sorry you feel that way. We used to do light gunsmithing but even at that level of support we found we were not able keep everyone happy and ended up with more problems for the effort we made. We stand by not adjusting triggers as even though we may know the process, we are not comfortable on doing this with customers guns do to the liability and safety concerns. Generally we are able to tighten some action and receivers screws but for what ever reason we were not able to help you. We go to great lengths to properly mount scopes and can solve most mounting applications. We feel we have good customer service and if something else is required please talk to me or leave me a pm if you do not feel we have treated you properly. To all other members who have left a comment thanks for the support. There was a rumor going around a few months ago that we are either closing the doors or selling out and I found that funny as currently we are having some of our best daily sales. We are staying here and continuing our business and along with our new web site (soon) are planning on hanging around. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bluelynx's Avatar
    Pretty Ladies, and a staff that knows guns. Hearsay has it that the Reps even like the place.

Diane. You and the "old man" are excellent business folks.

Lived in the 'Chuk for 20+ years, a hunting enthusiast ++. Purchased ammo and slings and rifles and scopes with mounting services and service was exceptional. Then I moved north...

That said: Phil you really are loosing some business not being online. I think the sooner the better for you - to get your online presence going...
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12