Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bio Ammo now in stock!!!! 100% Biodegradable shotgun ammo

CGN Regular
    Well, after I get skunked during turkey season, at least I will have something to eat.

These are definitely a net positive. Do you know how much it pisses me off to see tons of spent hulls all over the side of my property from dickheads that don't care? The entire point of owning unmolested forest out in the middle of the country is that I don't have to look at plastic trash all over the place.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    The big thing is that you should still clean up after yourself like a respectable human being, this just gives a little forgiveness if ya miss a couple!
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Bump

I checked out the website. Are the available in 3" Steel. I only see 2 3/4"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Great option for the wetland or deep bush hunter, but not a very realistic purchase for the Joe Weekend gravel pit shooter.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Great option for the wetland or deep bush hunter, but not a very realistic purchase for the Joe Weekend gravel pit shooter.
    An accurate statement. I understand that it is more expensive but its primary focus is on more so the hunting market as you mentioned. When you are at the trap club or shooting clays its easy enough to pick up your hulls and away you go, hunting you may loose a few here and there so tis is a good choice. The worst part it that the biggest problems I have seen are always from the "gravel pit" shooters and not so much the hunters leaving them behind. ]

Piles of hulls and destroyed property generally...

Worth mentioning that this seems to be what the UK will be doing going forward by law. Yes, certain aspects of this have been done before, but they're hard to find today at most stores. I've been looking for awhile for these and happily just shot my first few boxes from Wolverine the other weekend, and likely will be ordering some more in the coming days. They pattern great and I don't have to worry about plastic wads in the forrest on my property, or my clumsy friends dropping a few shells. Expensive? Sure, but in time the price will drop. I would love for them to bring in the sporting steel shots in 7.5.

Jonny from TGS (British based shotgun YouTube channel) was promoting these/steel shot in general as it tends to cast a better light on shooting sports to the general public. For better or worse, laws are created by those who (mostly) don't care about shooting sports... Getting some good will in demonstrating that we can evolve with the times has to be good when people are petitioning for gun law changes. Small thing sure, but they add up, and positive change is always good

Worse case you end up with product that does less harm to the property you're shooting on; likely that person is a member of the community.

I like the idea of the biodegradable hulls for the 12g and would even like them for the 20g. The issue i would have is i am a skeet shooter and the price would have to come down a long way before i could afford to shoot these. As i shoot around 5000-10000 a year the current price would brake the bank. I will keep an eye on them hoping the price of the #8 lead shots come down to something i can afford.

Thank you for the info on these and i hope they do well.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    How long could they be stored before becoming useless or unsafe?
    I think this is a great step in a more sustainable direction for the shooting sports.

I did have the exact same question as well as far as shelve life - Edit: Saw Wolverine's post: 5 years

Also, when are they expecting to have some in 20ga?

Kudos for bringing these in!

David
    Last edited by huntingfish; 09-29-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: 5 years shelve life

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast