Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what's up with the memberships? Full and Associate?

CGN frequent flyer

So, what's up with the memberships? Full and Associate?

Second year of mostly closed ...

Prolonged?
    Expiring as BAU?
    Ways to renew?

The earlier response appreciated.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    Second year of mostly closed ...

Prolonged?
    Expiring as BAU?
    Ways to renew?

The earlier response appreciated.
    Dear Sir,

I am not sure what you are asking.

Yes, we have been closed a lot of 2021: Jan 1st to 22 Feb and again April 02 until (who know when).

Fortunately our retail has not closed.

To compensate full members for the closures in 2020 and so far into 2021 we have been offering a tiered discounted renewal rate and will continue to do so. Given we do not know when this lockdown will be lifted, exact end dates for this program is not known. But we believe we are being very fair in looking after our membership.

In regards to associate memberships; we have no plans at this time to do anything special. The renewal rate is already only $85 for the year.

We are also being very reasonable in assessing renewal dates to acknowledge some people's hesitancy to come in at this time: Keeping in mind we were only closed for less than 4 months in 2020.

Please also keep in mind that we cannot drop the prices too long or for too long as we have had almost no drop in the actual costs to keep the ranges operating.

Feel free to reach out to myself or Julie the GM if you would like more information.

Regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Dear Sir,

I am not sure what you are asking.

Yes, we have been closed a lot of 2021: Jan 1st to 22 Feb and again April 02 until (who know when).

Fortunately our retail has not closed.

To compensate full members for the closures in 2020 and so far into 2021 we have been offering a tiered discounted renewal rate and will continue to do so. Given we do not know when this lockdown will be lifted, exact end dates for this program is not known. But we believe we are being very fair in looking after our membership.

In regards to associate memberships; we have no plans at this time to do anything special. The renewal rate is already only $85 for the year.

We are also being very reasonable in assessing renewal dates to acknowledge some people's hesitancy to come in at this time: Keeping in mind we were only closed for less than 4 months in 2020.

Please also keep in mind that we cannot drop the prices too long or for too long as we have had almost no drop in the actual costs to keep the ranges operating.

Feel free to reach out to myself or Julie the GM if you would like more information.

Regards,

JR
    JR,
    you have answered in regard of the approach and the policy, thanks :-)

Now, what's the current actual procedure to renew now when physical visits are prohibited:
    1. A renewal form to be downloaded? Sorry, didn't find one.
    2. Scanned and e-mailed / faxed?
    3. Payment over the phone (AFAIK, there's no online option)?
    4. New actual membership card? Actual visit to the range required? Can the previous photo be reused?
    5. What's the grace period (deadline) to renew in current "stay home" order situation - memberships expiring, e.g. April and May 2021?

Thanks!
    PS. Asking in the open forum as I am sure there are more people would like to get clarifications than just me.
    Also, didn't get any email notifications re membership this year.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

I think target sports at least should update the online store and web page

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorCow View Post
    I think target sports at least should update the online store and web page
    Its only 2021....the store must have been crazy busy, since they haven't had a working website since.....the 90's? No need to rush into the last century. Now The Shooting Edge, they have a working website. TSC isnt worth the effort. Think about it....Rangeview Sports has been in operation for about 4 years, and they have an operational online presence. Target Sports...nope. Ya gotta start asking "Why?".

".

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardrossin View Post
    Its only 2021....the store must have been crazy busy, since they haven't had a working website since.....the 90's? No need to rush into the last century. Now The Shooting Edge, they have a working website. TSC isnt worth the effort. Think about it....Rangeview Sports has been in operation for about 4 years, and they have an operational online presence. Target Sports...nope. Ya gotta start asking "Why?".

".
    We're working on it... we initially hired a Toronto company thinking it would be better about a year ago and they completely #### the bed, so we had to start over... we know it sucks.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We're working on it... we initially hired a Toronto company thinking it would be better about a year ago and they completely #### the bed, so we had to start over... we know it sucks.

JR
    so, are we going to reopen on Friday ?

If the retail store is open via appointment, WTF is the issue with renewals?
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by MajorCow View Post
    so, are we going to reopen on Friday ?
    Whats happening on Friday?
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

I think most should sign up to the TSC email news.
    LEST WE FORGET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast