Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 eta?

so wait for this or.. the NoDak Spud NDS 18 ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
    so wait for this or.. the NoDak Spud NDS 18 ?
    The Jard isn't even on my radar. If you've seen the junk they pawn of as firearms it wouldn't be on your radar either.

Even if Jard has improved their product I've been burned once by their subpar trash so I'll never again take a chance with them. I'll wait it out for the NoDak rifle.

I think most of the excitement for the Jard J180 is from people with no previous experience with a Jard product. That and since the OIC banhamner people are so desperate for a new semi auto that their judgment is impaired.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Sylvestre has stated they have extensively tested the J180 for both quality and accuracy. Given the difficulty of importing firearms right now, I doubt they would waist the time and money to bring in an inferior product. We will soon see the truth of the matter, assuming the shipment clears the border :knocks on wood:

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Just called Sylvestre, the J180 build kits have shipped from Jard, so warm up your payment cards if you are interested :-) . Naturally, with shipping being the sheet show it has been lately, they did not to give a specific arrival or release date, but it is definitely a positive sign these have shipped!
    ok at least the product is moving somewhere. people are gonna be angry if the product turns sour after waiting so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    ^
    Sylvestre has stated they have extensively tested the J180 for both quality and accuracy. Given the difficulty of importing firearms right now, I doubt they would waist the time and money to bring in an inferior product. We will soon see the truth of the matter, assuming the shipment clears the border :knocks on wood:
    Oh don't get me wrong, I hope Jard has learned a thing or two and people don't get burned. But it can't be ignored that they have a history of producing absolute crap.

On the other hand NoDak Spud and PWS are two companies with a history of producing high quality products.

I'm not semi auto deprived enough to wager on the company with the poor track record no matter how many promises of "extensive testing, quality and accuracy" are made.

I know where my money will be going.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

^^^ anyways, it just realized this is Sylvestre's forum that I just took a dump in. They can flush my posts if they want.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MosinNagantM44's Avatar
    Will they sell upper only and if so would it be compatible with the 180 series rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MosinNagantM44 View Post
    Will they sell upper only and if so would it be compatible with the 180 series rifles.
    Jard does not show the upper as a separate item on their website, but they would like be amenable if there was enough demand.

The upper and lower are completely incompatible with any other 180 based design; the buffer tube socket is actually part of the upper; it breaks down in a similar manner to a SBI LPC or MRA Renegade.

Edit: having an extra lower wouldn't quite be the same advantage as for a WK or MCR, since you would either need to transfer your stock, or have one for each separate upper. Since the Jard build kit comes with a decent trigger , it probably makes more sense to just make multiple whole rifles for each calibre, as pistol grips are inexpensive, and you likely would want to purchase a separate stock for each upper anyways, rather then constantly swapping them over.

Extra edit; it would be cool to see an exceptionally strong individual with two folding stock 180 variants (7.62 x 39 mm and .556 , or two of the same calibre, or dual wielding and firing both together folded :-)
    Last edited by Ustauk; 08-05-2021 at 12:09 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I phoned Sylvestre today, and the J180s have yet to arrive. I will keep checking and post when they have finished passing through shipping gulag :-p

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I phoned Sylvestre, and apparently there was a miscommunication about the shipment. It had not yet been sent out. The shipment is is currently being assembled, and will be shipped out next week. Hopefully this is the last delay, but we will see.