Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 eta?

CGN Regular
    I hope the gas system is rifle length and it takes AR barrels...finally can have a newer 180 with a reasonable weight lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    How many parts are “AR” cross compatible? Does the builder kit include everything we’d need?

Do stand AR handguards fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    I hope the gas system is rifle length and it takes AR barrels...finally can have a newer 180 with a reasonable weight lol.
    Details regarding build kits are at the link below:
    https://jardinc.com/j180-builder-kit.html

Gas tubes, gas blocks, barrels, handguards, pistol grips and butt stocks can be sourced new or from donor prohibited firearms.

The factory rifles look to have carbine length gas systems, but people on the black rifle thread speculate an adjustable gas block may allow the use of other gas system lengths.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-03-2021 at 05:38 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Details regarding build kits are at the link below:
    https://jardinc.com/j180-builder-kit.html

Gas tubes, gas blocks, barrels, handguards, pistol grips and butt stocks can be sourced new or from donor prohibited firearms.

The factory rifles look to have carbine length gas systems, but people on the black rifle thread speculate an adjustable gas block may allow the use of other gas system lengths.
    Oh nice i didn't realize it was a D.I. gun, assumed itd be a short stroke piston. Thats even better, should definitely work with rifle length gas systems and a little tuning then. Thanks for the link.

Expired Business Member sylvestre sports's Avatar
    This has been a very serious project of ours over the past 2.5 years. We have done a lot of back and forth with Jard Inc. as to making sure the rifle is reliable and also very important accurate!
    Learning from past mistakes on the older generation models. We believe this J180 will be one of the top ones out there using the design. Also having the ability to customize with a lot of aftermarket parts is very exciting.

Here is the link explaining what can be used for AR components on the builders kit. jardinc.com/j180-builder-kit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Oh nice i didn't realize it was a D.I. gun, assumed itd be a short stroke piston. Thats even better, should definitely work with rifle length gas systems and a little tuning then. Thanks for the link.
    The J180 is a true direct impingement design, having the gas directly pushing the BCG back against an AR-180 style pair of recoil spring along dual guide rods. Go over to the black rifle subforum J180 post for a spirited discussion on whether a Stoner AR-15/10 is a "true" DI design, but, regardless, the J180 is a rare bird in that is DI in the strictest sense.

I’m gonna hold off on the ws mcr and wait for this beauty!

BANNED
    Hype
    ^^^

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvestre sports View Post
    HI Ustauk,

We will be the main importer for the J180's we are thinking we should have a first shipment late June - mid-July

Thanks
    Sylvestre Sports
    Please make sure they've tested the rifle thoroughly to ensure quality control and efficiency.

Finally a 180 that doesn't look disgusting lol.
    Freedom Isn't Free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Fantastic. This looks like a great rifle.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast