Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 eta?

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    If the Jard is even slightly better fit and finish than the current versions in Canada, it will be a winner. I would not buy one of the current 180's . But I'm pretty fussy. I won't apologize for that, if I unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by jjuice View Post
    any chance well see a .22 in a shorter than 18.5" barrel setup?

otherwise very excited. great option for us.
    unless i'm wrong, the J22 is an AR upper.. which makes it prohib,(or useless if it wasnt named) since AR uppers are also considered the firearm now. or do they have a 180 version I didnt notice?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfrank View Post
    if the jard is even slightly better fit and finish than the current versions in canada, it will be a winner. I would not buy one of the current 180's . But i'm pretty fussy. I won't apologize for that, if i unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings.
    x10

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If Sylvestre can get out 7.62x39mm builds , the J180 can also compete against the M10x and Type 81, doubly so if Jard can make a lower compatible with AK mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Reddit use BinaryCrystal has the following concern:

Quote Originally Posted by Redditor Binary Crystal
    The only "downside" I noticed from their site with the builders kits, was the 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel bolt are the "same" .125 depth. Which would limit you to 6.5 Grendel Type 1 barrels, which I'm honestly not even sure if they make at this point anymore.

Yeah if they provide barrels it's "probably" fine, but it seems the standard has moved to Type 2 so it's just something to watch out for.
    Has Sylvestre attempted to pair the build kit with a Grendel Type 2 barrel? It may be a concern for some with donor firearms.

The quote comes from the following Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...ods_estimated/
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-05-2021 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    If Sylvestre can get out 7.62x39mm builds , the J180 can also compete against the M10x and Type 81, doubly so if Jard can make a lower compatible with AK mags.
    the m10x and type 81 are already dead rifles though. but who knows about the jard180? can only hope they get it right or bust

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestre sports View Post
    HI Ustauk,

We will be the main importer for the J180's we are thinking we should have a first shipment late June - mid-July

Thanks
    Sylvestre Sports
    Any updates? Is this timeline still valid?
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    If the Jard is even slightly better fit and finish than the current versions in Canada, it will be a winner. I would not buy one of the current 180's . But I'm pretty fussy. I won't apologize for that, if I unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings.
    The nerve of some people hahaha, I’m the same way. Would rather pay a little more for a quality built item over massed produced garbage.
    I’m here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of gum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I phoned Sylvestre. They said they spoke with Jard last week. The updated ETA is late July for the build kits and fall for complete rifles. Sorry to be the bearer of the delay news :-(

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I phoned Sylvestre. They said they spoke with Jard last week. The updated ETA is late July for the build kits and fall for complete rifles. Sorry to be the bearer of the delay news :-(
    That will be too late.

The Libs will finish off semi autos before then