Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig sauer cross rifle just arrived. Only 2 remaining.

Interesting enough the Fix by Q 308 16" is non-restricted

196197 - 3

308 WIN

Non-Restricted

CC 2 "firearm"

https://www.armalytics.ca/?q=the%20fix%20q&size=n_10_n

Its the folded length that's an issue, Sig shows it as 25"...
    but as per MDC in their post #143 https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-rifle/page15 its all worked out.

I just want some clarity MDC must know if they are importing and distributing them. Going to be pretty disappointed if my deposit on a 308 is all for not.

I have look on the frt ad it said restricted for the 308.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-Philippe View Post
    I have look on the frt ad it said restricted for the 308.
    That doesn't mean anything other than the fact that the sample they examined or the specs of the model they were looking at online didn't meet the requirements for overall length. It can still be had as non-restricted as long as it meets the requirements. This is likely simply done with a muzzle device that's a little longer to keep it over 26 inches when folded
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    If this were available in .223, I'd be questioning all kinds of life choices. lol Nobody update me on these, if that happens.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    That doesn't mean anything other than the fact that the sample they examined or the specs of the model they were looking at online didn't meet the requirements for overall length. It can still be had as non-restricted as long as it meets the requirements. This is likely simply done with a muzzle device that's a little longer to keep it over 26 inches when folded
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshorrock View Post
    Its the folded length that's an issue, Sig shows it as 25"...
    but as per MDC in their post #143 https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-rifle/page15 its all worked out.

I just want some clarity MDC must know if they are importing and distributing them. Going to be pretty disappointed if my deposit on a 308 is all for not.

Muzzle devices don't help with overall length. And the FRT was just updated with these Sig rifles a couple of weeks ago. The reason for the delay is we've probably been waiting on the RCMP to classify these rifles and now they have. I think any vendor that was pitching them as non-restricted prior was just hoping.

It's a bummer for sure but not unexpected. I think many people anticipated this. The rules are pretty clear on this stuff.

CGN Regular
    It’s not a semi auto, so muzzle devices DO help with overall length.
    My cross rifle arrived at my retailer, I’m just away at work and unable to pick it up for 10 days. I ordered 6.5 knowing the length on the 308 would cause issues if not corrected at the factory. I have been waiting a very long time to get this rifle and I’m excited to get some rounds down range with it

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual.Chris View Post
    Muzzle devices don't help with overall length. And the FRT was just updated with these Sig rifles a couple of weeks ago. The reason for the delay is we've probably been waiting on the RCMP to classify these rifles and now they have. I think any vendor that was pitching them as non-restricted prior was just hoping.

It's a bummer for sure but not unexpected. I think many people anticipated this. The rules are pretty clear on this stuff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    A simple block on the adjustable butt pad to keep it extended a bit would help with over all length when folded.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123