Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Firearms - end of distribution

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Not to step on any feet or derail anything, but it won't be through us.
    I figured,

They are the exporter for the US side, someone on the Canadian side has to take over for Korth Group do they not ?
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Regular
    No worries, I jumped to conclusions a bit. The distributor will be Worldwide Sports Network, I guess retailers remain to be seen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    No worries, I jumped to conclusions a bit. The distributor will be Worldwide Sports Network, I guess retailers remain to be seen.
    They handle the US side of things.

We need to know who is going to be handling the Shipments on our side.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Regular
    And that right there tells me that even though I have always had good luck with them, I will never own another. If Korth no longer reps for them that tells me enough right there. Interested in seeing who swoops in.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyewhiz View Post
    And that right there tells me that even though I have always had good luck with them, I will never own another. If Korth no longer reps for them that tells me enough right there. Interested in seeing who swoops in.
    That doesn't mean anything. These things are usually about money. Kimber wanted to pay less, Korth said no, and there you go, done. Or you could turn it around -- Korth wanted more, Kimber said no, and there you go. One of these two is prob correct.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    That doesn't mean anything. These things are usually about money. Kimber wanted to pay less, Korth said no, and there you go, done. Or you could turn it around -- Korth wanted more, Kimber said no, and there you go. One of these two is prob correct.
    Both scenarios are incorrect. Kimber is focusing production on their sub-compact and compact firearms, and less on full-size 1911's and rifles; creating substantial back orders for the Canadian market. However, the leading factor in our decision to walk away from Kimber was the total lack of after sale support - waiting over a year for a few warranty matters to be addressed is unacceptable. As the source of a product line in Canada, we need to be able to properly support consumers/dealers with any issues they have.

Hope this info helps,
    KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Both scenarios are incorrect. Kimber is focusing production on their sub-compact and compact firearms, and less on full-size 1911's and rifles; creating substantial back orders for the Canadian market. However, the leading factor in our decision to walk away from Kimber was the total lack of after sale support - waiting over a year for a few warranty matters to be addressed is unacceptable. As the source of a product line in Canada, we need to be able to properly support consumers/dealers with any issues they have.

Hope this info helps,
    KGL
    I know where I'll be spending my money and thats with Korth and their product line.
    Goes to show that they stand not only behind their products, but their customers as well.
    Thank you for the explanation K I.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Non settlement of warranty issues has cost companies like them a lot of money than they think it does overall. At this point, they probably don't think they need the business, and some hero in the warranty dept saved them money by being a legend in his own mind, things will change.
    You should become a member
    CCFR
    CSSA

CGN Regular

Hope this info helps,
    KGL
    And that right there is exactly the scenario I had in mind. ^^^

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops

Hope this info helps,
    KGL
    GREAT reply to settle the REASON you NO longer handle Kimber ! I have owned 4 Kimbers - all rifles and HUNTER models and still currently have a Hunter 84L 30-06 - ALL have being problem Free and Good Shooters - so i have being LUCKY so Far ! Thxs RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast