Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Type 81 lmg review!!!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manx07 View Post
    Agreed, I think he took this firearm completely out of context. I think he focused on it's negatives as a SA rifle instead of a prone fired longer distance rifle. After all it has a longer, heavier barrel and bipod. Prone shooting from 100-300M distances to show accuracy compared to type 81 or sks would have been a better use of his time, IMO
    In a video of 12 minutes and under, you only have soooo much time. Also, most people in Canada are buying this to use and an alternate for the banned firearms they used to shoot.

Steve's views are as valid as the critiques posted. We all love our guns for different reasons.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    In a video of 12 minutes and under, you only have soooo much time. Also, most people in Canada are buying this to use and an alternate for the banned firearms they used to shoot.

Steve's views are as valid as the critiques posted. We all love our guns for different reasons.

JR
    And JR, I should have added, Steve's video's are definitely good quality and good entertainment or I wouldn't be watching lol. What video is perfect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuster56 View Post
    Great as usual!
    He doesn't like the looks and ergonomics I get it.

I might take it seriously if he put it on the ground or on a bench and shot it the way it's supposed to be shot. giving cons for being too heavy and the bipod shaking.

Far from great as far as a review goes

I didn't really notice the bipod shaking while shooting. I mostly shot with it extended, was concerned that it would swing around like a pendulum and pull the front of the gun off target but that did not end up being a factor.

Shooting it offhand I seemed to experience a POI shift with the bipod extended vs folded but that's I didn't do enough testing to confirm. That's something I'd like to see in a proper review as a possible concern.

The argument that the extra sight radius is "not really significant with 7.62x39mm" or however it was phrased is completely absurd. More is always better especially when keeping the same OAL, caliber has nothing to do with it.

I have a hard time with him knocking the length of the stock and pistol grip, I'm much taller than most and did not find it to be small like he's over dramatizing.
    Much better than an SKS in any case, those stocks actually are a bit too short for me. The pistol grip I never would have even though of to be "too short", that's absurd. Same as every other I've used.

Overall this review was quite poor, no where near enough actual shooting with the various positions available, to not shoot it at all from prone when it's very clearly designed for that is criminal. The reviewer would have quickly figured out why to stock is shaped the way it is and why that's an asset.

Subjective nitpicking instead of actual testing, when this rifle deserves a careful and demanding rundown to find what it can really do.
    How about testing how well the sight graduations track elevation at range? That's something that seemed a little off me, or at least takes getting used to do to the unusual arrangement.

Sounds like he borrowed the LMG and is trying hard to come up with cope as to why his T81 is the better rifle, but with barely any actual shooting.

I'll borrow it again and find out for myself rather than hold my breath for a follow up.

2/10
    Last edited by Goose762; 05-10-2021 at 03:30 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Damn, tuff crowd.
    Just saying it how it is.....

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Damn, tuff crowd.
    Actually not too tough... I like the feedback.... That is actually what this forum is about and so far ALL critiques have been polite and jovial... From my perspective, Steve's reviews are fantastic entertainment content that spurs discussion and a further look. We get a lot of positive feedback from newbies, regardless of the final "rating".
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Great honest review! Love the butt hurt.

There's a lot I agreed with. The trigger was gritty but smoothed out with mileage. I dumped the bipod. I don't love the sights either (should be sorted out when I pick up an optic mount). It's not 3 gun rifle or a long range precision gun, or an appropriate hunting rifle.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a #### about any of that. She's dead nuts reliable and like most of the other weird guns I own, it puts a smile on my face every time I pull it out of the safe. That does not negate any of the drawbacks steve highlighted in the review.
    Last edited by vultr; 05-11-2021 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Auto correct fail. Derp
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

So when are we getting back the vz and cz cause I'm sorry this is just silly

That was great

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123