Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad experience with TSE

CGN Regular

Bad experience with TSE

Hi folks,
    Recently I was experiencing issues with a Mare's Leg where the lifting mechanism was jamming in an upwards position and this was causing the loading gate to be blocked.
    I contacted The Shooting Edge to see if the gunsmith, Ed, would be able to fix this for me. I was quoted as $50/hour for service by the counter employee I spoke with. Based upon this verbal arrangement of price, I dropped off the firearm for Ed to service.
    Unfortunately, the next day Ed informed me he could not help with this issue and instructed I would need to send it in to SFRC (Ammo Source) for their gunsmiths to take care of.
    No mention of any fees, or otherwise for the service. I honestly thought I would not be billed because no services were rendered.
    Upon going to pickup however, I was told a "minimum shop charge" would apply of $75. I was quite upset regarding this, as I was NOT told of this fee in advance of dropping off the gun for service.
    Even if I was charged the hourly rate of $50.00 for the few minutes Ed examined my gun, I would have been okay with this.
    After speaking with Ed later on, I was assured I would hear back from management regarding the erroneous price I was quoted prior to dropping off my firearm. They never bothered to contact me back.
    This prompted me to leave a negative Google review.
    I just received a reply from "JR Cox" who filled his response with nothing but falsities.
    He claims I was "warned / suggested I should bring my gun somewhere else" (prior to the gun being dropped off for service) this DID NOT happen.
    He did NOT address the fact that his employee provided me with inaccurate information as to the price of the service.
    And he did NOT bother to contact me directly to provide a remediation to this issue.
    I fully expect this thread to be removed in a timely manner, because I am sure this is how TSE does business.
    Regardless, I will not be returning to this business at any time in the future where they are nothing but dishonest in their dealings.
    Last edited by Jeffhere; 05-13-2021 at 07:24 PM.

BANNED
    As a service plumber the company I worked for would charge $80/hr with a $100/hr call out fee.

They should have told you about the shop fee though.

Super Moderator
    Please review the Forum Rules and FAQ.

"Trade related disputes originating from the Equipment Exchange or with CGN business members (ie Dealers) should not be discussed in the forums. All disputes and feedbacks should be confined to the trader rating feedback system and private messaging".

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    As a service plumber the company I worked for would charge $80/hr with a $100/hr call out fee.

They should have told you about the shop fee though.
    Just had a great chat with the OP.... Some miscommunication and in the end, I believe the OP is in the right here.

I think we've come to a satisfactory solution.

Regards,

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 05-13-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Resolution found.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    So this is what the world has come to. Over 25.00 the OP writes a sad story about being all butt hurt when everyone knows you send a gun to the warranty centre for warranty work. He would have paid the 50.00 but 75.00 is outrageous so he better tell the whole world. I miss the bear defence threads. And trash Tenda Tuesdays.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    So this is what the world has come to. Over 25.00 the OP writes a sad story about being all butt hurt when everyone knows you send a gun to the warranty centre for warranty work. He would have paid the 50.00 but 75.00 is outrageous so he better tell the whole world. I miss the bear defence threads. And trash Tenda Tuesdays.

Here, here!
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

CGN Regular
    I wouldn't have posted here, or left a negative review on Google if any of the following had occured:
    - I had been charged the amount I was initially quoted
    - If the business had management followup with me regarding my complaint like they said they would
    And I would not have posted here:
    - If I had not received a reply to my review with many falsehoods/outright lies from what some of JR's staff told him regarding my complaint.

This is not about the $25, but rather about shady business practices and very poor customer service from certain staff members.

**Fortunately however, when reached via phone JR is MUCH more reasonable than any of the other staff at TSE I have spoken to. At the end of the day, the matter seems to have been resolved.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    I think it's more sad that TSE had to publicly shamed into making things right, because the customer was clearly done wrong if you bothered to read.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    I think it's more sad that TSE had to publicly shamed into making things right, because the customer was clearly done wrong if you bothered to read.
    Actually, I respond to every negative comment. We weren't shamed into responding. I also don't think my guys lied to the OP... but the OP got 3 different stories from 3 different people... Not exactly a great way to make a customer feel comfortable.

There are lessons to be taken from this. Sometimes we need reminders to get us back on track.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer Liquid_Snake's Avatar
    STFU both of you and take it to private chat as the Mod said to do so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast