Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MDT folding butt stock adapter

Bumping this up in hopes from some help from OP and/or MDT. I was in the same situation after a Cadex build utilizing a Cadex Field Strike chassis. I came across a used MDT Fixed to Fixed adapter so I hopped on it, but I've run in to an issue and not sure its solvable. I can get the stock and spacer attached to the MDT adapter just fine, but I don't seem to have a way to attach the MDT adapter to the chassis unless I am missing a piece? The MDT adapter portion that attached to the chassis utilizes a screw, however my chassis has no screw hole unfortunately. As you can see in the photos, there was a "threaded adapter plug" I'll called it (labelled #1) that I had to move to the other side of the MDT adapter to fit it to the stock. Is there another plug I can get for that chassis end that I can thread in which will have a female threaded hole for the MFT adapter screw?

Was your Tac 30 chassis threaded inside the female insert portion where the adapter fits?

Here is the original configuration:

Stock removed:

Spacer removed with plug still in chassis:

Plug and spacer removed :

Transferred the plug and spacer to the stock end on the MDT adapter, all works well.

Can't attached MDT chassis end to chassis:

No threaded hole in chassis.

I think you need an adapter to thread into the end of your chassis. Mine had that. Look below…

And here’s the folding butt attached to it with a large screw…

I’m not sure who, MDT or Cadex, has that. I didn’t need to source it, it was already on my Cadex chassis. That’s how the non-folding butt attached to the chassis. (So, maybe Cadex…?)

Andy 6MT

Thank You!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123