Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MDT folding butt stock adapter

Quote Originally Posted by TAC21 View Post
    Likely not at this time as it would be rather costly to make them AR compatible, but it's something we can give some thought to as well.

Ty for the response, just wanted to know where MDT was at with that type of FSA, before I go out and spend the $500 and give my money to another company.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

I wonder if this would work on my field comp?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    There many mounting options

Get more adaptability for storage, transport and buttstock choice. The MDT universal adapters are compatible with most bolt-action chassis rifles that have an AR-style interface.

The folding stock adapter adds 1.75" to your length of pull.

Available in 1-way or a 2-way locking configuration. The 1-way lock maintains solid, straight-line integrity when shooting while the 2-way lock provides the additional function of holding the stock securely in the folded position.

Models for a variety of chassis and buttstock interface combinations:

Fixed to Fixed
    Carbine to Carbine
    Fixed to Carbine
    Carbine to Fixed

https://mdttac.com/ca_en/mdt-folding-stock-adapter.html
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    As long as your chassis is meant to accept AR-15 buttstock, then you should be good to go!

https://mdttac.com/ca_en/blog/fixed-...hassis-system/
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

I have been asked by a few to post some pictures showing the fit of the FSA to the chassis and skeleton butt.

To answer a question.... The last pic with the arrows shows where the butt attaches to the FSA. You can see an almost seamless mount. Very pleasing to the eye as well as being functional.

In the pic above, it is in the locked open position. Yes, the cheek riser does make contact with the side of the action. But the cheek pad cushions any contact. Not an issue in this particular case.

I hope this helps.

Cool! Didn't know these things fit Cadex chassis models! Best thing is given the higher price differences between the fixed and foldable variants of each Cadex chassis, it's a great way to save a couple hundred bucks if you don't need the stock to fold over the bolt handle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer todbartell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I have been asked by a few to post some pictures showing the fit of the FSA to the chassis and skeleton butt.

To answer a question.... The last pic with the arrows shows where the butt attaches to the FSA. You can see an almost seamless mount. Very pleasing to the eye as well as being functional.

In the pic above, it is in the locked open position. Yes, the cheek riser does make contact with the side of the action. But the cheek pad cushions any contact. Not an issue in this particular case.

I hope this helps.
    cool

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    I have also tapped into Ryan’s knowledge. Happy to speak to any member of that team!
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Quote Originally Posted by Element82 View Post
    Cool! Didn't know these things fit Cadex chassis models! Best thing is given the higher price differences between the fixed and foldable variants of each Cadex chassis, it's a great way to save a couple hundred bucks if you don't need the stock to fold over the bolt handle.
    And...it is nice to have it fold left instead of right for this particular right hand action. If this was a Cadex with the folder, it goes right and your trigger hand (thumb) can be obstructed by their folder.
    Last edited by 6MT; 06-04-2021 at 12:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer todbartell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    And...it is nice to have it fold left instead of right for this particular right hand action. If this was a Cadex with the folder, it goes right and your trigger hand (thumb) can be obstructed by their folder.
    great info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast