Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierre Poilievre... Wood Grows on Trees but Money Doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    I fear this generation couldn't care crap about freedom, privacy, personal responsibility or anything else that actually contributed to this country, and that took incredible amounts of blood and coin to build. Tear it all down and gimmy gimmy gimmy.
    Freedom was a given to the younger generation, we never had to fight for it so we just expect it. They just want cheaper housing options and free education, equal rights for all, but can't give up their Starbucks coffee and 2k phones.

PP is a great speaker and very witty, while the Libs have been totally twitty! If another run was to be judged and we vote again for the PC party I would vote him in for leader. I had a great moment to meet Ms. Lynn and a trully confident person and listened to my words like someone said she needs more experence, but not much more.

My favourite politician, bar none. Agreed that we need him to lead.
    CCFR Field Officer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    , equal rights for all
    This is completely fundamental and worth fighting for.

...but...

The trouble starts when equal rights get warped into equal outcome to justify taking from those who are doing better than you (because they get out of bed in the morning). But don't ever admit it's your fault because you didn't get out of bed and make something of yourself. No, you need handouts because of, like oppression and stuff. Ya, it must be that.

I fear this generation couldn't care crap about freedom, privacy, personal responsibility or anything else that actually contributed to this country, and that took incredible amounts of blood and coin to build. Tear it all down and gimmy gimmy gimmy.
    Unfortunately, you're probably correct in your assessment. Culture in this country has become increasingly guarded and safety focused, shielding generations of people from stress points and uncertainties. Everyday and trivial inconveniences have been now magnified to become significant adversities. As a point in case, Canadians on the whole were very quick to cede their basic rights during the COVID-19 pandemic, with only a vocal minority objecting to government overreach.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

Some people needed that lumber comparison to make it hit home...some people need to be HIT with that lumber to make the comparison and yet...lots could be pounded with that lumber and still never see the point and problem !! Sad state of affairs in our ever present covinomics !
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Even with simple graphics that's WAY over the heads of (selfish, greedy, simple) eastern Canada and Toronto voters. Self control and responsibility????? Ftttttttt......

And even if they did get it they figure they're on the receiving end of the goodies so there.

Oh, and cons bad. Deceitful libs good 'cause they say stuff 'we' like to hear and 'we' never check up to see it's all puff.
    I live about a 35 minute drive north of Toronto, and am the most Conservative person I know. Generalizing to make a point I'm sure, but comments like this get a bit tedious. I get the sentiment, and feel trapped by the voting power Ontario/Quebec have too. I suspect that's what you meant?

Regardless, PP IS a breath of fresh air and I was disappointed he backed-out of the leadership race. If memory serves, it had to do with family=nobody can fault him for that. While I gobble-up videos of him putting the gears to our vapid, stunned, self-serving PM...I also wonder how he'd fare IN a run for head-office here. Canadians clearly have an appetite for platitudes, lies, government money, hugs, selfies with the drama teacher, etc. I believe most Canadians are not political at all, and are drawn to the drama teacher's "reassuring" rhetoric. I think PP would need to find a balance between his approach...and the BS the average Liberal Canadian wants to hear.

Feel almost nauseous typing that, but we ever want a conservative PM in office again...

Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    I live about a 35 minute drive north of Toronto, and am the most Conservative person I know. Generalizing to make a point I'm sure, but comments like this get a bit tedious. I get the sentiment, and feel trapped by the voting power Ontario/Quebec have too. I suspect that's what you meant?

Regardless, PP IS a breath of fresh air and I was disappointed he backed-out of the leadership race. If memory serves, it had to do with family=nobody can fault him for that. While I gobble-up videos of him putting the gears to our vapid, stunned, self-serving PM...I also wonder how he'd fare IN a run for head-office here. Canadians clearly have an appetite for platitudes, lies, government money, hugs, selfies with the drama teacher, etc. I believe most Canadians are not political at all, and are drawn to the drama teacher's "reassuring" rhetoric. I think PP would need to find a balance between his approach...and the BS the average Liberal Canadian wants to hear.

Feel almost nauseous typing that, but we ever want a conservative PM in office again...
    Yes a family man who didn't want to commit more to the job than he already does. Unfortunate for the rest of us, because he has no fear attacking jt and his parties lies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    Yes a family man who didn't want to commit more to the job than he already does. Unfortunate for the rest of us, because he has no fear attacking jt and his parties lies.
    Agreed. Great to see such a well-prepared, on-point politician speaking truth to power. Equally frustrating to hear dip-sh*t's replies though. It's the one thing I'll never understand about question period=how a politician can get asked a direct question, and there are no consequences when they give the exact opposite. When PP repeats the question multiple times and gets multiple non-answers, it illustrates the point in living color.

Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Agreed. Great to see such a well-prepared, on-point politician speaking truth to power. Equally frustrating to hear dip-sh*t's replies though. It's the one thing I'll never understand about question period=how a politician can get asked a direct question, and there are no consequences when they give the exact opposite. When PP repeats the question multiple times and gets multiple non-answers, it illustrates the point in living color.
    How that is just let go by the speaker of the house has turned the house into a clownshow. It's a slap in the face when there is no accountability from anyone in power having to answer questions or produce a budget or evidence of where all the spending money is going...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast