Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pierre Poilievre... Wood Grows on Trees but Money Doesn't

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    I live about a 35 minute drive north of Toronto, and am the most Conservative person I know. Generalizing to make a point I'm sure, but comments like this get a bit tedious. I get the sentiment, and feel trapped by the voting power Ontario/Quebec have too. I suspect that's what you meant?

Regardless, PP IS a breath of fresh air and I was disappointed he backed-out of the leadership race. If memory serves, it had to do with family=nobody can fault him for that. While I gobble-up videos of him putting the gears to our vapid, stunned, self-serving PM...I also wonder how he'd fare IN a run for head-office here. Canadians clearly have an appetite for platitudes, lies, government money, hugs, selfies with the drama teacher, etc. I believe most Canadians are not political at all, and are drawn to the drama teacher's "reassuring" rhetoric. I think PP would need to find a balance between his approach...and the BS the average Liberal Canadian wants to hear.

Feel almost nauseous typing that, but we ever want a conservative PM in office again...
    Tedious maybe, but true. I'm aware the risks in generalizing, but have you talked to the average Toronto voter?

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    Tedious maybe, but true. I'm aware the risks in generalizing, but have you talked to the average Toronto voter?
    Duh gunz bad, black face jt good. They all blame Ford for these lockdowns unfortunately even though jt never got him the clinical trial WHO needle everyone is lining up to get.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    I live here-what do you think that answer would be? lol

Between where I've lived/traveled, I've heard opinions about Ontario/Toronto from scores of people who have never set foot in the province. The number tell the tale though, we both agree on that. If you ran in my circle, you'd think there wasn't a Liberal within 100 miles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    If you ask me hes smart for not running for CPC leadership. The CPC is in a horrible place right now, and it doesn't look like its getting better anytime soon. There are too many people who think the CPC isn't far enough right, despite the fact that the farther right they go the less likely the chances of them winning an election.

The CPC is stuck between their base and actually being electable. I have no idea how they get past this impasse, and for that reason alone I wouldn't want to be in charge when it all blows up. I would not at all be surprised if the CPC splits in two again like they did in the 90s. Seems Bernier has already been trying to do just that.
    Last edited by Suther; 05-19-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    If you ask me hes smart for not running for CPC leadership. The CPC is in a horrible place right now, and it doesn't look like its getting better anytime soon. There are too many people who think the CPC isn't far enough right, despite the fact that the farther right they go the less likely the chances of them winning an election.

The CPC is stuck between their base and actually being electable. I have no idea how they get past this impasse, and for that reason alone I wouldn't want to be in charge when it all blows up.
    CPC needs to be honest. Like Harper was honest about abortions. Either CPC accepts what majority of voters want or never gets elected.

Abortion issue of then today is called Climate Change. I personally believe it's a scam to enrich select few, but Canadian voters enlarge believe it is an existential threat. Saving account for carbon tax is actually not the worst option other things considered.

CPC voters need to play along with "climate change" solutions or never see the CPC elected.

CPC is not a savior of conservative or libertarian values, but a small government, financially prudent, economy supporting party is much better than the thieves currently ruining our country generations to come.

P.S. I still find it mind-boggling how one of the top 10 countries in the world spent close to one trillion dollars and did not manage to set up a vaccine production in-house. Like how can't people see how criminally incompetent liberals are???!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    I live here-what do you think that answer would be? lol

Between where I've lived/traveled, I've heard opinions about Ontario/Toronto from scores of people who have never set foot in the province. The number tell the tale though, we both agree on that. If you ran in my circle, you'd think there wasn't a Liberal within 100 miles.
    I lived there (couldn't get out fast enough), have family there who even now amaze me with their slant on things (we grew up together so it must be something else). Also spent uncomfortable visits with western in-laws who had certain, and uncanny correct, opinions about trawna people....yes despite never actually having been there.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. Being completely dependent on government and having no privacy may be inevitable in large cities; the nature of them may make it so. But darn it, do they have to use their numbers to screw it up for the rest of us?

I lived there (couldn't get out fast enough), have family there who even now amaze me with their slant on things (we grew up together so it must be something else). Also spent uncomfortable visits with western in-laws who had certain, and uncanny correct, opinions about trawna people....yes despite never actually having been there.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. Being completely dependent on government and having no privacy may be inevitable in large cities; the nature of them may make it so. But darn it, do they have to use their numbers to screw it up for the rest of us?
    I'm the same, fam and most friends all live in GTA and I've been in sw Ont for closing on a decade. They only see the gun crimes, but don't want to see its the criminals, not us who commit these heinous acts. If only GTA was a standalone province unaffecting the rest of the province as most of their problems aren't the rest of ours.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    There is no lack of information. There is a lack of honesty. Without honesty, the facts mean nothing and nothing will get resolved. It seems to me that the majority of the population would rather be lied to than face up to the truth. Excellent video by the way.
    Last edited by Journeyman.ca; 05-19-2021 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added a positive comment.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Love all these boomers blaming the younger generation for the fact that inflation has sky rocketed and wages haven't kept pace. More money is being squeezed out of the general population and pushed to the top 1% but yeah the "young folks" are the problem. Tribalist nonsense.

I wish this guy would run for PM