Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pierre Poilievre... Wood Grows on Trees but Money Doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    So why exactly would a government make it so hard for its citizens to pursue wealth so as to gain that freedom?
    Because Liberals love poor people so much they want to make more of them.
    "My biggest fear in life is if I should suddenly die, my wife will sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them."

CGN Regular
    Would of made a great leader for the CPC!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    This is the way Commies talk.
    My favorite part of conversations like this, with fine gentlemen such as yourself, it's that you actually believe you're capitalists. If I'm reading comments like this from you, here, you're just stooges with no idea where you stand in the order of things, and just were you and your progeny are going to end up: slaves, no matter who's in charge.

As for myself, I'm just absolutely positive that I'm going to die (which, some would say, is the ultimate freedom) before I live on my knees. The kids can make up their own minds; I'll just make sure they get a broad, and more importantly, vetted, education before I go.

Wishing you all luck in the decade to come. It's going to be a doozy.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by DEBRUSK519 View Post
    Because Liberals love poor people so much they want to make more of them.
    Nobody loves the poor more than capitalists. That's history talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconflyer View Post
    I think O'Toole is a huge dissapointment, I didn't really like the guy from the start and like him even less now.
    i have to agree. O'Toole doesnt have any good qualities, in the beginning he just struck me as uncharismatic but as of lately he has been saying some stuff from the trump playbook, just bad PR all around. Cons need a new leader.

i know this forum is (fairly) no fan of the Libs i agree, but as taking the Cons purely on their political value, i dont think they have any really... aside from being the only real opposition to the Libs.

NDP isnt perfect but the only party i can support anymore.

Libs are guns grabbers and 2-faced, cons are career con-men who get rich off of stripping public services and people to the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    edit: I used to have a very detailed argument proving my argument points by points, pretty much across all spectrums, however I've been blasted several time on multiple forums about it as being "ageist" (ie. the same excuse as when the lefty's logic fails and accuse you of yet-another-ism). Since then, I just restrict myself to the above summary: boomers, as a generation, are 100% responsible.

Anyway, we, mere plebe, millenials and Z'ers, are too busy trying to survive (by whatever means necessary for some) to be able to do anything, all layers of our society have been gangrened. Just like range's boards are full of old fudds. Just like gun Rights in Canada, this is a no-win scenario.

Personally, I'm just coasting under the radar before moving to the middle-of-nowhere USA and be left freaking alone. I don't care about millenials or Z'ers, I can't save them all by myself. All I worry about is my kin.
    i agree and well said.

i cant blame an entire generation but the boomers in power definitely pilfered all levels of society and left the husk for later generations. its hard enough for most to survive nevermind right all the
    past wrongs of the world and the new ones that keep stacking up

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by truemask View Post
    i agree and well said.

i cant blame an entire generation but the boomers in power definitely pilfered all levels of society and left the husk for later generations. its hard enough for most to survive nevermind right all the
    past wrongs of the world and the new ones that keep stacking up
    And boomers aren't done pilfering yet. The one (sadistic I know, but the truth is sadistic these days) positive reality that might have came out of the whole covid #### show was the fact that it seemed, almost by design, to attack the boomer generation alone. And with their deaths (don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for death. My parents are boomers; I'm terrified of the reality that someday soon they and all their knowledge will be gone; they already distributed their wealth to their 8 kids) would have come the largest possible freeing up of resources, money, and easing of strain on the economy, on the human condition, possible, without a total annihilation of human society. Which I dare say is becoming the most realistic, and terrifyingly likely solution to getting off the current wheel of borrow, borrow, borrow.

But instead we've been wrangled into giving more of our prospects away to maintain the status quo, basically knee capping the young of today into an even less hopeful scenario, more mind numbing debt, than they already had coming to them.
    I'm a humanist, but the options for anyone under 40 these days, as far as career, as far as getting ahead, are evaporating. In every industry. And unless we shut down the global economy (the actual positive that could have come out of covid, shutting the borders and returning to times gone by where every product you can imagine wasn't outsourced to a country with a more pliable (read: cheaper) workforce; we're not far from being peasants in our once great land. I wish I was wrong.

Just imagine what $350 Billion could have done towards the goal of self sufficiency?
    Serious question: does anyone know what a single dose of covid vaccine costs in this country? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Which is kind of scary when you think of it.
    Last edited by bigplinker; 05-23-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    Serious question: does anyone know what a single dose of covid vaccine costs in this country? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Which is kind of scary when you think of it.
    As of December 30th, 2020, approximately $38 per dose for the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTec vaccines. This is based on comments by Major-General Dany Fortin.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    So why exactly would a government make it so hard for its citizens to pursue wealth so as to gain that freedom?
    Because the new nobility doesn't want free people but a new serfdom to exercise their new-old powers on.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast